Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

POLL: Chrome, Silver or Black ZR1 rims on a White 92 coupe? Any pics?

What rims?

• Chrome ZR1

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Silver ZR1

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • Black ZR1

Votes: 29 24.8%
  • Other, please post your suggestion.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
Chrome ZR-1 wheels

I vote for chrome ZR-1. I also have a white coupe, 1991, and am interested in the same decision. I am leaning towards chrome ZR-1 wheels as of now.:upthumbs

Jackyl--What size are those rear tires? Did you install the fender flares? There are not the AFS package with the 315's in the rear are they--That's what I'm looking at.--Nice.:_rock

I also think chrome is classier, and not trendy. I would stick with the sawblades for 3 reasons: They're easy to clean, they look "right" on the C4, and they hide the stock rotor and caliper very well. I wouldn't go with a "see thru" design wheel unless the rotor/caliper were very presentable. Since your car has red interior, red calipers would present well, IMO. Have fun choosing!

Re: Chrome and only chrome

Remo said:
Chrome makes a statement. It says "I'm class, I'm clean, I'm fast and I'm not trendy".

Regards - Remo

And also screams I justy rolled out of the hood sporting my bling bling.

Colored rims aren't trendy..... In the past used on 88 Aniv Vette, 94 Tran Am, 96 Grand Sport

Re: Re: Chrome and only chrome

Jeffvette said:
And also screams I justy rolled out of the hood sporting my bling bling.

Colored rims aren't trendy..... In the past used on 88 Aniv Vette, 94 Tran Am, 96 Grand Sport

I agree with you on the chrome. It seems like chrome is kind of showboat like. That's just my opinion though. And the white on my 88 Anniversary isn't easy to keep clean.

I love the 5 spoke wheel thing. But you definitely gotta have the colored calipers to go along with it. The regular ole gray calipers don't look good exposed. I read on here that some guys just use craft paint and you're there!

I have been thiking of going with the new black with the wider polished lip. AFS-ZR1-GS offset,
here is a white pict for ya.

OK mah .02$

Just got mah Y2K rims from Preformance Wheel Outlet. I think it makes the car look much better.

Yep gots a little bling bling to it.

I have had black Epsilon 17" on my car for a decade and still like the look. Cleaning is easy, as I just (Mother's) polish the rims when needed.

I'd never chrome vs good polish. Chrome has a lifespan of 5 years, according to BMW anyway; the weight might be a consideration. Polishing has been discussed here many times, but the process seals the wheels and looks just like chrome.

I doubt I'd like black spokes on a white car. Chrome may be too flashy. Will the TireRack site help you decide?

Black GS for me too, as soon as I can afford to buy tires to put on em. I did however get my bubble burst here in the last few days, I was gonna go with Khumo's but I read somewhere that they don't make any 315 17's for those 11" rears I got. Tires just got futher down the road :cry

Chrome ZR 1's for me. Just got them installed this weekend on my 92 and they look awesome. What an upgrade from the silver sawblade wheels. I went down to NAPA and bought a can of Duplicolor "Quasar Blue" and painted the calipers. It really adds to the look and gives it a custom, one-of-a-kind appearance. The really good triple plated chrome rims should last a very long time when maintained like the rest of the exterior of the car.

:cool

Yeah.. Wow this thread has received a lot of views and replies! I no longer own my 92 Coupe. BUT I am in the market for another C4 vette right now as we speak. So I still appreciate all the opinions..

Thanks Again!
Steve

i would have to say white on a white vette. there is a car dealer in my town that had a white 85 w white on it and it looked really sharp.

I suppose this is a dead horse now... but... since I have a 96 LT4 Collector's Edition with its 5 spoke wheels... let me point out an advantage they have versus any other option...

They look real sharp... and yet you don't have to constantly clean them to keep them looking sharp. The silver color doesn't show off dust. They tend to look clean even when they're actually filthy.

I clean them a lot anyways. Cuz when my vette is dirty, it makes me sad...

- Skant

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom