Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

POLL: Chrome, Silver or Black ZR1 rims on a White 92 coupe? Any pics?

What rims?

• Chrome ZR1

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Silver ZR1

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • Black ZR1

Votes: 29 24.8%
  • Other, please post your suggestion.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
S

Steve92LT1

I'm looking at upgrading my rims on my White 92 coupe. The sawblades have seen better days and am wondering what to get?

I'm kinda set on ZR1's I think, but was wondering what you all think looks best on a White C4. I'm leaning towards Chrome or Silver, but am really undecided on this. I dont think I would get black. I'm looking to get 17x9.5's on the front and 17x11's on the back?

What do you all think? Does anyone have any pics of their white cars with different rims?

I'm open to any suggestions...

Thanks
Steve

I received my black rims from AFS yesterday, i should have pics up next week.

My car is white.

1992.... do you have white interior? If you have white inside, go with white ZR1 wheels.

If you don't, go with black if you want more of the race look, chrome or polished if you like the eye candy, and the standard if you want the easiest maintenance, cheapest price, and don't want anything too flashy... generally the standard silver wheels are just enough to dress up the car, without going overboard.

I have red interior.. so I think white rims are out.. I didn't think about that one.

I would go for black because of the contrast to the white exterior. It will make it stand out for and really look "trick.":beer

Black wheels:_rock

How about CE rims? I have 9.5" all around. If you want to look go to my web site, click on the top link for Pictures, then one on the left for My Cars. Everyone that has seen them like them. They show off the 13" cross-drilled rotors nicely.

Keep an eye out, I was able to pick you my set for $500. (and yes, they are OEM, not reproductions)

-Mike

uh, helps to include the link....
http://www.geocities.com/-archangel-/

those rims and what chevy was thinking.

In my experiance the best way to go would be stock as nothing quite matches the ability of the designors at Chevy to put the rite stuff in the rite place. The wheels that A model came with just could not be topped by anything else than what came on them. It is your call of course but if you want 30 years of sound advice?
They don't get paid 6 figures for nothing. Take their advice, stock is stunning in a way that is only captured by CHEVROLET.

Never heard of too much Chrome.

So I'd sayyyyyy

Chrome

Im REALLY not a fan of the black wheels nor the white (Sorry all)

Im a flash guy yet not "Ben Hur". I like the Standards or the polished myself. I think for the amount of metal these rims have and show chrome is a little bit to much flash.

IMHO of course.

Now the Y2K wheels look good Chrome (Those are the ones Im after some day)

Chrome and only chrome

Get serious, black and white wheels are "trendy now" things. If you put them on your car I can garuntee that one day you'll walk out into your garage and say "whatever was I thinking." There's nothing that doesn't go with chrome. Wheels are probably the most important accent on the exterior of the car. Chrome makes a statement. It says "I'm class, I'm clean, I'm fast and I'm not trendy".

Regards - Remo

loweredangle62000.JPG

One problem with chrome....its heavy. Polish instead, and you will save unsprung weight.

Just a thought.

Of the choices that you have offered, I most definitely prefer the painted silver 5 spokes (just like the Collector Edition cars). They look classy yet aggressive.

My second choice would be the chrome, although I'm not a big fan of chrome rims.

I would not consider the black 5 spokes on your car. :(

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom