Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ported/Polished LS2 Throttlebody

TODD L GRIFFITH

Corvette
99' MR Coupe, 04' Silverado 03' ZO6 Sold
I have a LS2 throttlebody on my FAST 90 intake on my ZO6 that I recently ported and polished. You would not believe the results, I was shocked. Any of you that have this throttlebody may have noticed that the throttlebody is mounted on an upwards angle to meet the air bridge ductwork. If you look at the face of the throttlebody straight on, 90 degrees to the butterfly valve, you will see that the butterfly is partially shrouded by the lower and upper mouth. I never knew how restrictive this was until I was done. I took the Z on a 100 mile jaunt and soon realized that the computer was relearning, that's what kind of difference we are talking about, I could actually feel a huge difference in mid range torque (seat of the pants feeling). I was expecting maybe a 3hp gain, but on 10/1/06 it will be redynoed with the new clutch. I will post the results. So stay tuned. (no pun intended) The porting and polishing is definitely worth doing.

Todd, where do you get your work done? I am in R.I. and need someone to work on my Vette.

Todd, where do you get your work done? I am in R.I. and need someone to work on my Vette.
I do all my own work. I just have mine tuned at DEZ Racing in Seekonk. If you want, I can mod. your car for you with cam heads and headers. PM me and we can discuss. You will not be disappointed with the power increase. Well over 500hp easily.

Got any before and after pics of the TB?
Sorry no pics. before and after, but the difference is apparent. Anyone here that wants porting and polishing LS2/LS7 TB's PM me. We also port, polish and mill stock ZO6 heads.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom