Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Post a Pic of your ZR-1

Hey Bill, glad to see you on here again, I haven't seen you post in a while. Glad you got the FP issue squared away and that you got home OK. There were a few of us here who were concerned. I bet that "low powered" trip home was a bummer.

You had to open that bag of worms! :D Yes got the fuel pump problem fixed, brand new Delco pump for $95. The secondary pump got me home in “L98” stile. I was very disappointing when stepping on the gas (240 hp don’t cut it in a ZR-1) You guys have some beautiful country around there, thanks for sharing.
Bill :beer

Sorry to bring up a bad memory, glad to hear it ended well.

Doug

I bet that "low powered" trip home was a bummer.
You got that right Tom, I actually had to "PRESS" on the gas to keep up with the DawG :D :rotfl We took the extra terrestrial highway home, Stopped at the LITTLE A'LE'INN FOR LUNCH. it was a good trip.

My ZR-1

Here's my ZR-1, it's a 91 #135. I'm the 4th "official" owner. It first shows up in 92 with 10,838 miles - having never been registered (most likely a GM's exec car) in Seattle area. The first owner was Scotty White, a serious autocrosser/racer. He did much of the performance enhancing modifications and was very successful campaigning the car. The ZR moved east to Nebraska, bought by a Corvette dealer, Barry Konken. It was sold to Jeff Bruntz of South Dakota and remains there under our ownership. The car was featured in Vette magazine, Jan. 2005 issue. As Scotty said, "It's one sweet hot rod!"

Mike & Connie Gilbride, Sioux Falls, SD
Proud Owners of # 135

Here's my ZR-1, it's a 91 #135. I'm the 4th "official" owner. It first shows up in 92 with 10,838 miles - having never been registered (most likely a GM's exec car) in Seattle area. The first owner was Scotty White, a serious autocrosser/racer. He did much of the performance enhancing modifications and was very successful campaigning the car. The ZR moved east to Nebraska, bought by a Corvette dealer, Barry Konken. It was sold to Jeff Bruntz of South Dakota and remains there under our ownership. The car was featured in Vette magazine, Jan. 2005 issue. As Scotty said, "It's one sweet hot rod!"

Mike & Connie Gilbride, Sioux Falls, SD
Proud Owners of # 135

Beautiful car... may I ask what the performance-enhancing modifications are?

:beer

Sorry for the slow response - every time I went to reply to your question I was told I wasn't logged in - after several tries I had to reboot and log in again.

The following are the mods to my ZR-1:
A/O Forced Air System & Plenum Insulator Plates
Samco Silicone Air Duct
DRM Ported Plenum & Injector Housings
DRM Custom Prom & Injectors (2 per cylinder)
65 mm Throttle Body
Watson Headers & Flowmaster 40 Series Mufflers
Centerforce Clutch & Alloy Single Mass Flywheel
Ron Davis Aluminum Radiator
ENGINE PRODUCING 440 HP
Z07 Spring & Sway Bar Package
DRM Suspension Bushings
Polished Upper A arms
C Beam Plate Modification to stiffen frame
Lowered 1” ride height
3.45 Gear Ratio
Michelin Pilot Sport 285/40 ZR 17 Front Tires
Michelin Pilot Sport 335/35 ZR 17 Rear Tires
Fikse 10X17 (front) & 11.5X17 (rear) Wheels
A/O Engineering Dual Caliber Brake System
with Steel Braided Brake Lines
Exotic Muscle Belt Bar / Chassis Stiffener
Billet Pedals
Hella Headlights
Simpson 5 Point Safety Belts

I am in the process of updating the brakes: replace all 8 calipers, new rotor (old ones have MANY heat cracks) and pads. That will keep me on the road for a bit, once completed. Thanks for you inquiry, GMike

Sorry for the slow response - every time I went to reply to your question I was told I wasn't logged in - after several tries I had to reboot and log in again.

The following are the mods to my ZR-1:
A/O Forced Air System & Plenum Insulator Plates
Samco Silicone Air Duct
DRM Ported Plenum & Injector Housings
DRM Custom Prom & Injectors (2 per cylinder)
65 mm Throttle Body
Watson Headers & Flowmaster 40 Series Mufflers
Centerforce Clutch & Alloy Single Mass Flywheel
Ron Davis Aluminum Radiator
ENGINE PRODUCING 440 HP
Z07 Spring & Sway Bar Package
DRM Suspension Bushings
Polished Upper A arms
C Beam Plate Modification to stiffen frame
Lowered 1” ride height
3.45 Gear Ratio
Michelin Pilot Sport 285/40 ZR 17 Front Tires
Michelin Pilot Sport 335/35 ZR 17 Rear Tires
Fikse 10X17 (front) & 11.5X17 (rear) Wheels
A/O Engineering Dual Caliber Brake System
with Steel Braided Brake Lines
Exotic Muscle Belt Bar / Chassis Stiffener
Billet Pedals
Hella Headlights
Simpson 5 Point Safety Belts

I am in the process of updating the brakes: replace all 8 calipers, new rotor (old ones have MANY heat cracks) and pads. That will keep me on the road for a bit, once completed. Thanks for you inquiry, GMike

Wow, quite a list... thanks for posting it. I'm considering doing a couple of mods and want to see what's out there.

I really like that color combo Tom:Twist

Have not been here in some time.. Looks like some more nice ZR-1s have been added..congrads to all. :beer..

ernbuild, is that a right hand drive conversion?

ernbuild, is that a right hand drive conversion?
Certainly is ole mate, couldnt drive it out here if it wasnt.. Real pain in the butt the powers that be out here wont let us leave it LHD until they are 30 years old.
Cheers Ernie:beer

White with red guts is my favorite color combo! But I am kind of partial. Sweet ride!:cool

Nice..Like the black wheels..:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom