Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Progress and Setbacks: Help on Cluster and Lighting needed!

naz235

Corvette
1975 Dark Red L82
Finally got the old money pit on the road for my first drive ever

Brakes were intermittent, PS needs rebuild but also not so bad without. Rear wheel extremely bent. All minor problems that don't really affect the next hurdle

Now I need to get the dreaded PA state inspection done

I seem to have a problem where my brights don't turn off, and I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how to turn them on or off.

Is it on the turn signal stalk or is there a separate button for the brights?

Any sideways fixes,i.e cutting some wires and running a toggle under the dash would be good also.

Any advice is appreciated

Should be able to turn them off with the turn signal stalk. Just pull it back towards you.:thumb

Also you'll need to get that power steering going too, when it's not operating it places extra loading on the rag joint and could damage it. (or even have it come apart while you're driving)

Should be able to turn them off with the turn signal stalk. Just pull it back towards you.:thumb

I figured it out. I think 76 and later have a more modern stalk mounted high beam switch.

There is a pedal that I didn't know to look for on the far front left of the footwell.

Someone had put some very rough carpetting in and I didn't even know the pedal was there until i started digging around underneath the dash.

The PS is half functional atm. It needs rebuilt since it drips fluid, bu tit does provide some assist still.

Now all I have to do is tack down the short in my steering column to fix that pesky horn and I'm golden

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom