Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Reduced engine power

carltonoverton

Corvette
2002 z06 torch red
I have a 2002 Z06 throwing codes out left and right. Says no comm. it’s an off and on problem. When I disconnect the battery for a while everything starts back working. Please help

Moving out of the Site Help and Feedback forum and into the correct C5 Tech forum...

Were you able to solve the issue ? You only have this one post so we'll probably never hear from you again! This happened on my car . Although the battery had 12.2 volts that was the problem . Hopefully you got it fixed

Nice how they only put up one post to ask for help then disappear into cyberspace with no thanks or even a reply...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I solved the problem. I would be happy to share what I discovered with the c5 Corvette, at least the 2002 model

If you remove the battery and look down below, you will notice your PCM sits directly under the drainage that comes from condensation when running the air conditioning. I designed a tray that i mounted to the firewall that re-routed the water away from my PCM. No more problems, this was months ago. Not saying you have the same problem, but my c5 was showing all these alerts, reduced engine speed-service traction control- abs light and more, since i installed my home made re-router tray i have not had any more codes. My email is carltonoverton@live.com

If you remove the battery and look down below, you will notice your PCM sits directly under the drainage that comes from condensation when running the air conditioning. I designed a tray that i mounted to the firewall that re-routed the water away from my PCM. No more problems, this was months ago. Not saying you have the same problem, but my c5 was showing all these alerts, reduced engine speed-service traction control- abs light and more, since i installed my home made re-router tray i have not had any more codes. My email is carltonoverton@live.com
I got a novel IDEA,Why don't you clean the crap out of your udders and you won't have to do any modifications…… https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c5-technical-and-performance/98731-corvette-udders-anyone-have-pictures.html

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom