Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Replacing TPMS

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
Plan on installing new wheels and tires soon, so I think I will purchase/install new TPMS's also since the batteries are only suppose to be good for 10 years or so.

Kind of curious how many of y'all have replaced yours due to old age/battery wear.

L8TR - D

I replaced mine D. When I put new tires on last summer I started having trouble with one keeping synced. Just decided to replace them all.

You guys are doing (have done) the right thing. I was had to replace the right front. Then the dealer couldn't get the TPMS receiver to receive signals from the others. Said I needed a new receiver. Waited two weeks for the part and the dealer now says there are none available from any dealer in the U.S. Can you believe that? They are going to call GM and see if there are any available from the manufacturer. I know there is a law that manufacturers must make parts available for the cars they make for a period of 10yrs. You would think there would be some around somewhere.

Did those come in Z06's or not?

6Shooter - thanks. I will check them out and see if they made the receivers too.

I had new ones put in the new wheels when I got them last year. All the old ones still work fine but I figured after 9 years they would be about ready to replace and I got a smoking deal on brand new ones.

6 Shooter, I checked with Schrader (I think they are the OEM of the Vette sensors) they responded very timely and said they did not make the receivers for the sensors. Still trying to find out the mfg. of the receivers. Interestingly, the receiver works with the key fob. Seems like if it works with the fob it should work with the sensors, but, I guess not.

I also have the receiver on back order. Mine are acting much the same as yours. Am told that the dealer expects approx 3 weeks. They are still being made from what I'm told. Good luck on yours

Good luck to you, too. I've now been waiting 3 weeks. I suspect this availability problem stems from the mess GM was in and, of course, now they have the government as a partner. That is never good. Let's hope the mfg. makes some quickly. I don't like driving around and having to constantly check the tire pressure.

Does your receiver still operate the remote door locks using the fobs? Mine still operates the doors but, not the TPMS. Seems like if the receiver failed it wouldn't operate either of these functions.

My key fob still activates the doors so that is one reason why I have my doubts that the receiver is the problem. Plus it never gave me problems up till the time I put new rear tires on. I went through the relearn process yesterday with a fairly strong magnet but could not get any of the sensors to relearn and all four of them are new.

I'm thinking of asking the dealer to break down the tires and see if the sensors will relearn when they are nearer to training tool. Once the sensors are releared, the tires could be remounted. Any thoughts?

Frankly, i can't figure this TPMS out. Since you have new sensors, doesn't seem like they would be the problem and it must be the receiver. My problem started when all four wouldn't read. They replaced the left front and got it to read but couldn't get the other three to read. Thus, they assumed it was a problem with the receiver. Once, if ever, I get a new receiver and there are still no readings, I'll be stuck replacing the other three sensors. BTW, I have tried to find out the OEM of the receivers with no luck. I'm about ready to write a nasty letter to GM. I've been waiting four weeks now. This is an important safety related feature of this vehicle and not having it operable should be a serious concern for GM.

O Vette - Sorry to hear the issues your having with yours...

Mine were a bit stubborn at 1st, but the 3rd time I put the DIC into Tire Training mode the programming tool worked. I think moving the tool around more to trigger the transmitter is what helped. Never though I'd be happy to hear four individual horn beeps as each transmitter/receiver sank-up.

Here's the articles I referenced:

http://www.c5registry.com/MembersOnlly/Technical/tpmreset.htm

http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/vemp_0906_tire_pressure_monitoring_system/index.html

L8TR - D

Plan on installing new wheels and tires soon, so I think I will purchase/install new TPMS's also since the batteries are only suppose to be good for 10 years or so.

Kind of curious how many of y'all have replaced yours due to old age/battery wear.

L8TR - D
Probly soon for me Shooter,my Lt Front is starting to Screw up!!:hb:hb:hb

I'm in the same boat as O Vette. I have four new sensors and dealer can not get them to relearn and therefor thinks that the receiver is the problem. My only concern is that up untill the time I replace the rear tires, I was getting pressure readout with out any problem. The door fobs still work fine. Just a frustrating situation! I think by reading some past history on another forum, these receivers have been on back order since around Feb or Mar of this year.

Just spoke with the dealer. They continue to have the receiver on back order. They are still sure it is the receiver because all 4 sensors are new and therefor process of elimination points to receiver. They claim that the sensors are usually not that hard to retrain, especially new onss so therefor the receiver is getting the attention. So still we wait.;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom