Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Repro window sticker/build sheet from NCM??

C

chuck121566

I've been looking at joining the National Corvette Museum and noticed that they offer reproduction window stickers and build sheets. I've got quite a bit of documentation on my '88 but don't have either of these two items. Has anyone taken advantage of this through the NCM and how close to accurate are they? Can they tell all the options my car came with merely by the VIN#?

I bought the build sheet and window sticker for my '98 from the NCM... They're very nice reproductions and I had them laminated.

:wJane Ann

Accurate? They are exact copies of the ones that came on your car originally. They feed your VIN in and out comes your cars info. They are great conversation starters at displays/car shows etc. I highly recommend them. BTW have you found your RPO code sheet? should be under the console lid, on the rear compartment lid or maybe on the glove box door (not really sure on your year), that gives all the options that came on the car. Then go to the "TECH CENTER" (menu at the top of the page) and then down to the "Model Center" pick your year and find all sorts of information about your car.

I got both from the NCM for my 88 and then laminated them myself. Makes a nice display at shows.

I see you have a red 88 coupe. Probably looks like a twin to mine.

Ron
"Baldie88"

I'm just reiterating what the others have said, and I would like to highly recommend becoming a member of the National Corvette Museum!!

Elaine

Thank you all for the feedback! I'm going to order 'em tonight!

Ron, Indeed my car is a twin to yours. Red w/black cloth. Now can you do something to melt away winter so we can enjoy them???

I agree with Elaine, join the NCM. I am a senior member and tho I have not visited the NCM, it is on my bucket list. I ordered the build sheet and window sticker for my 94 and they are great. Made a perfect copies, then framed them and hung them in my garage where my vettes hang out. Will keep the originals for the next owner after I kick the bucket. Since my 02 was never sold, it is serial number 003, I wonder if it ever had a window sticker as it was a pilot car. Would anyone know this?
Thanks,
Barrett

Chuck,

We almost have twins. However mine has the red leather interior.

As much as I love mine, and there is nothing wrong with it, I just found out my brother may be selling his 99 vert. Although I just bought new tires and shocks, and haven't even installed them, I'm going to seriously consider buying his if he sells. Darn if he isn't buying a new 08 coupe!

Ron
"Baldlie88"

Chuck,

We almost have twins. However mine has the red leather interior.

As much as I love mine, and there is nothing wrong with it, I just found out my brother may be selling his 99 vert. Although I just bought new tires and shocks, and haven't even installed them, I'm going to seriously consider buying his if he sells. Darn if he isn't buying a new 08 coupe!

Ron
"Baldlie88"

Sounds like sibling rivalry at it's finest!!!!:L

I just obtained the build sheet and window sticker from the NCM a couple of months ago for my 89 vert. They are nice additions to all the other "documentation" I obtained with the car or accumulated over the years. Now I think I have everything! :cool

I got one also and they look like the originals since they are basically a copy!! Wish I could get it for my C3 but they dont make those!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom