Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Revivification of a 1963 Split Window

Clutch kit

Update: 8/01/16

Last Friday I finished up most of the chassis, installed the flywheel, clutch, bell housing, and transmission and lowered the assembly into the chassis. However, I could not find the clutch arm and the machine shop kept the throw out bearing, so I will need to pull the transmission back out once I have them.

New Flywheel(the car did not come with one). I went with a 22 pd flywheel, which if i remember correctly is about 8 pounds less than the stock unit. I've used a lightweight 13 pound flywheel before, but did not like the feel, so I figured I would go with middle ground this time.

New LUK clutch kit. For more or less stock engine rebuilds, I like the Luk clutch kits since they provide a nice stock pedal feel.

Engine Drop

If you work by yourself a lot, a Gantry Crane is a must! It makes engines installation, body on or body off, so much easier! Not to mention it is great for loading and unloading items into the back of a truck or on trailers.

You mention LUX clutch kits having the same feel as original. I would like to find the softest pressure plate made for my 63. You know of any brands and part numbers, thanks

You mention LUX clutch kits having the same feel as original. I would like to find the softest pressure plate made for my 63. You know of any brands and part numbers, thanks

LUK clutch kits. I believe it is part number [FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]LUK 04-021, but let me double check. They are inexpensive and are good stock replacements. I generally use center force or ram clutches in my restomods, but no reason for them with a stock or mildly modified 327. [/FONT]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom