Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Roof off - wind noise - coupe

njlouc

Corvette
2000 Black Coupe
:wOn one of those rare NJ nice days we had the top off and went for a drive. At about 50mph, I started to get a turbulence and a wacka/wacka vibration and noise. Here's the strange part. If I put my hand above the rear view mirror it stops. So what I need is a 3rd "visor".
Or an extra hand?:boogie
Has anyone run into this and is there a better solution?
Ideally a deflector the entire length of the windshield.

:wOn one of those rare NJ nice days we had the top off and went for a drive. At about 50mph, I started to get a turbulence and a wacka/wacka vibration and noise. Here's the strange part. If I put my hand above the rear view mirror it stops. So what I need is a 3rd "visor".
When my 03 Spiral G was new it done the exact same thing!!:thumb:thumbTop's not been off since except to clean and condition the rubbers!!!:D

I agree! Top off on the coupes are sane only below about 40mph. For driving around town it is great. For freeway driving you better get a convertible.

yea,this is part of the corvette c-5 world,seems they all have little things like wind noise,belt noise,wackey gas gauges,pegged oil gauges,noisey fuel pumps,tire wear etc. etc.enjoy!;shrug

there is a way to stop that at high speeds, get a set of hatch clips that allow you to have the hatch open about 2" That will permit a smooth airflow out of the car at speed and avoid that sound. The same thing can happen with sun roof in a sedan which can be cured by dropping the rear window a small amount

I have to agree with gmjunkie and leftyvette, took the top off the 01 coupe tonight, for the first time. Had to see what it was like and I won't do it again, unless I am staying in town. Looks great, but the noise at hiway speeds are unbearable.
Had to try it since it was 85 degrees here in Kansas, for the first time in half a year.

silver1

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom