Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Seat belt light/switch question

Found the seatbelt switch wiring and connector. The light stays on whether or not I short the center console end (male) of the wires with a screwdriver, i.e. closed circuit, or leave it open circuit and disconnected from the seatbelt receptacle end (female). Which tells me the issue is further upstream. Either I unplugged something under the center console when pulling the face plates off to get to the DIC, or the buzzer module went bad, or it really has to do with the computer needing to clear these lamps.

I would appreciate a picture or drawing of where the buzzer module is located exactly. I hear the key in the ignition but door opened chime (which might be the same buzzer as used for the seat belts?) coming from around the stereo and climate control units. But no other chimes go off when the seat belt is undone. Possibly a bad buzzer module, but why do I hear a key in the ignition alarm, unless its a different buzzer.

For what its worth, this is where they store the foldable lug wrench. Never knew that before, and never needed it either up to now. Just FYI.

photo-187_zps90c9e9dc.jpg

Myth Buster Moment:
Yes, its true, 20+ year old McDonalds french fries found between the seat and center console were still yellow and petrafied. Probably good to go for another 20 years!

Last edited:
I would appreciate a picture or drawing of where the buzzer module is located exactly.

Kinda' confused what you mean by "buzzer module"... :confused

If you mean the device that makes the noise, then it's in the 4-page post, 4rth page, part #42, and again, highlighted, 2 posts previous...

and yep - could have told you to look for the lug wrench next to the french fry / pocket change deposit, etc. ...

Last edited:
What I was hoping to find, was a picture of the buzzer module in its natural setting, such as this picture for the late 80s vettes:

Im going to have to pull the whole center console apart again to find the buzzer, just like I just did to replace the DIC to fix LCD brightness problem I was having:

Av8r

As stated... my information is NOT for a 90... but earlier.. so I have no idea what you shorted.. and I will speculate
that the earlier module is not the same as yours... So If something went POOF... your bad...

Schrade.. I'm confused.. are you not believing the switch is there or are you trying to make a point the the book is F.. ed?
your post #10 part #1 ( ONE ) shows the assy... but doesn't say W switch...

Last edited:
Schrade.. I'm confused.. are you not believing the switch is there or are you trying to make a point the the book is F.. ed?
your post #10 part #1 ( ONE ) shows the assy... but doesn't say W switch...

I never said there's no switch in the seat belt. I don't know where that came from.

I said that the diagram that I posted makes no mention of electronics, or switches. Not even in the parts' identification list.

Ok just makin sure

I assume the manual has errors..... in my book, that's a given...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom