Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Second Time Around

ah53

Corvette
1965 Silver Pearl Coupe
Well after 28yrs. I finally own a Vette again. My first one I bought when I was 20. It was a '67 convertible 327/350, .536 lift cam, 780 Holley, Mallory Dual point, Doug headers, 4:11 rear, Keystone mags, painted El Dorado Firemist bronze and pin stripped by Vic Kessler. I dated my wife in it and had it till my daughter was born--no money so I had to sell the car. The previous original owner sold me the car when he got his girlgriend pregant in it. So that car was sold twice due to pregancy. Anyway as of yesterday I own a stock 1965 coupe, 327/350 ( I still like small blocks better), A/C ( I'm getting old), teak wheel and original knock offs. It joins a few Austin Healeys (you can't own just one) and a V12 XKE coupe. I would venture to guess I have one of the most understanding wives in the world. So thanks for listening and I hope to meet some you on the road. I'll be the guy with the S*** eating grin.

Joe

Welcome Joe. I have a understanding wife also. She let me buy a new Corvette Convertible in 1999. Not my first Corvette. Bought a new vert in 1974 before I was married. Welcome again. Old Geezer.

Joe,

So glad you came back to the Corvette world...for whatever reason!:) It sounds like you have a great group of toys!

Elaine

Welcome back to the Corvette world and welcome to the CAC!

Enjoy!

:Steer

Welcome to CAC!!!hope you enjoy the vette as well as the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could always post a pic of the family.

The cars; leave the wife and kids out of it.

Joe, welcome to the CAC and congratulations on your 65. Try not to break this one in in the same way that the previous owner of your first vette did.

It might be hard to pick you out from the rest of us vette owners - we all have the S*** eating grins on our faces ;)

Tammy

Welcome Joe to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER, sounds like you got quite a stable, and past history like a lot of us, I definently can relate to life;s lessons. I wouldn't trade most of them for anything; but there are a few I would like to forget :L The grin no matter what your eating is permanent I think :D

Bill :w

I want to thank everyone for the warm welcome. It has been a long journey back and I am looking foward to driving a vette again. I had put over 100,000 miles on my first one. I've tried to include some photos of the vette and the rest of it's family. I guess we'll see if I can follow instruction. I still have problems with " Assembly is the reverse of disassembly".

Joe
View attachment 11891 1953 Austin Healey 100

View attachment 11892 1956 Austin Healey Factory 100M

View attachment 11893 1965 Corvette Coupe

View attachment 11894 1967 Austin Healey

I've tried to include some photos of the vette and the rest of it's family.
Pretty nice looking group you've got here Joe. They all look nice but the 65 Silver Coupe would have to be my favorite.

Take care and stay in touch,
Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom