Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Some Callaway Camaros for sale right now

Brangeta

Found these today:

Florida:
This one looks like the '93 Callaway Camaro that was for sale last year, but this one is a '94, has stripes, has the Callaway interior, and has 70k miles.
http://westpalmbeach.craigslist.org/car/580381583.html
It has a lot of desirable options, but I feel the price is a little too high. I think 19k is more reasonable.

Canada:
This one was for sale a few months ago, but it's back for sale again. It's overpriced considering the extreme lack of details they are giving. They don't return my emails... and I have no desire to call Canada... :ugh
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=1639555&adid=5942961&m=1

Michigan:
Can't forget about Commemorative Edition C8 #001 (#1 of the 2 made) still for sale on the COG either.
http://callawayownersgroup.com/Marketplace/market2.htm

BUY IT.........

Brandon, this one looks awesome!!!!!

I have called Canada twice in the past week, deregulation has eliminated high fees :W

3721406.jpg.fpx

I agree, it looks awesome!

In other news... The owner of the red car sent me some pics of the interior, and I'm HEAVILY suspicious that it's my friend Bob's car!!! :eek

I'll post more details once I hear back from Bob.

I just about crapped my pants (expression only... I'm not serious) when I compared old pics Bob sent me to the pics the owner on craigslist sent me! It has the SAME aluminum pedals, SAME dove gray Callaway leather interior, and the SAME shifter!

The only question left in my mind is.... is that car painted Torch Red still? Because Bob had his painted Torch Red when Callaway did the work on it. :eek:hnoes

I just heard back from the seller and it IS Bob's car! It's a good thing Bob sells shifter gaskets, 'cause he's going to BLOW A GASKET when he reads that email I just sent him!!! :eek

Here's a collage I just made... Bob's going to crap his pants...
bob-callaway-camaro.jpg

Bob doesn't seem to be interested in the car. According to him, too many things have been changed that make it unoriginal. I tend to agree, but I would presume it can be restored relatively inexpensively by replacing dress up items with GM factory pieces and having Callaway replace whatever was changed internally with the engine. (see story below for info on that)

For anyone reading this, perhaps I'm even talking to Anthony directly, this is quite a special Callaway Camaro though for a collector.

1. Most notably it is the only car that recieved the one-off stainless steel cat-back exhaust system Callaway developed for the Camaro. The program for this system was canceled because in order to profit, each exhaust system would have to be sold for about $2,500.

2. It has a SNAT 450, which is fairly uncommon for the Camaros. I only know of a handful with them. Off the top of my head, maybe 5.

3. I know the original owner, and now the 3rd owner of the car. Bob can tell you anything you want to know about the car when he had it, and I'm sure the current owner will tell you all the good stuff about it.

4. The car has a well documented history. I'll copy and paste an edited version of what Bob told me January 2007...

I had the Callaway Honker intake originally but wanted to do something a bit different with the hood without overdoing it. So I bought a fiberglass replica hood from Suncoast in Florida. It is similar to the factory SS hood setup but with a more radical (routing) air intake that results in a slight power loss over the Honker.

Yes, I did have the Callaway designed interior. Custom colors were available so I decided to go with all gray, without the accent color. As far as the shift knob, yes, it is a Callaway knob. I had both an anodized red and anodized black knob. I'm not sure what was in the car when the photos were taken. At the time I was modding my Camaro at Callaway (1996-1999) there was only one brake package available, and that was the F-40 package. It cost $3,400. installed and that was for only the fronts. The rears, I believe, are also Brembo rotors but not cross drilled/slotted. The calipers are stock in the rear.

Here is a story you might enjoy reading. Back around 1998 I had installed my third Callaway engine. I had first installed their SN400 motor and about 6 months later upgraded it to an SN435. Then I had a valve go and had the car carted back to Callaway. Instead of just fixing the problem I had the motor replaced with their SN450 Corvette motor. Well, a month or so later I had the car dynoed and it wasn't making the advertised power. Callaway claimed it was due to the exhaust system but I didn't buy it and kept pressing them for a resolution. They took the car back and thoroughly checked it but couldn't find anything wrong. Fast forward to a month after I sold it. The new owner took the car to his shop for some minor work and it was discovered that there was a motor issue. Must have been the issue that was robbing me of power but was "overlooked" by Callaway. The issue was fixed and the new owner picked up an additional 80-90hp. Here's the cool part of this. When I was working with Callaway's chief engineer at the time, Mike Zoner, about the power issue, he really tried to do all that he could for me. Because he suspected my catback was robbing me of power he showed me a 1-off stainless steel catback he had designed for the Camaro/Firebird. It was a revolutionary design. Just about no back pressure but fairly quiet. I mean, really quiet. It was a gorgeous looking catback, too. Not a "rough" prototype. Callaway had decided not to market this catback because of the high costs to produce it.. It was estimated that they'd have to sell them for $2,500. each! Yep, you read that right. After explaining this to me, he asked if I would like it. Free! I jumped at the opportunity and to this day I have NEVER seen/heard a catback that made that much power while being quiet.

This is the only thing the current owner told me about it.

I do know that the heads were worked on by Mike Carney who is a designer for brodix cylinder heads. I know him personally and he is one of the best in the country. I have some dyno sheets from Allen that show 387 hp and 409 ft-lbs torque to the rear wheels.

Seems kind of low for a SNAT 450.

390 to the wheels sounds pretty normal to me for 450hp at the crank. That's a 13% loss. And that sounds pretty good for a streetable 383 build.

Found another one for sale. Not a bargain.
http://www.autoextra.com/vehicledetail/do-basic/adid-80917489/&WT.mc_id=Oodle/?CMP=AFC-Oodle
1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Race for Pink Slips? Callaway Supernatural Camaro - 400+ HP 383 ci ... 0-60 in 4.7 ... Standing Qtr Mile in 13.1 @ 110 mph ... Top speed 173 mph ... Hurst 6 speed ... "The Honker" Heavy Breathing System ... OZ Racing Rims... Callaway Engineered Lowered Suspension ... Roll Cage ... 5 Point Harness seat belts...Racing Seats ...New Rear End .... New 411 Tranny ... Callaway Polished Aluminum Valve Covers... Supernatural Cat Back Exhaust ...Racing Tach ... Super Whoofer Sound System... The perfect car for cruising in traffic and impressing your friends... Sounds Great ... Runs Great .... Is Great... Paint It Black - Never Look Back! ... This car has been well maintained ... Sent to the Callaway Factory in Connecticut for all work. The worst feature of the car is the paint ... Its Very Good - But I wish it were better. Selling because I need the money ... and I am getting too old to handle a machine this good! Serious qualified buyers only, please. (Odometer reading is not accurate)
10275020655001030.jpg

If you don't want one with an aerobody, you can't do much better than this!

Bemerkung29'800 Meilen, LT-1, Geschäfts- und Schönwetterauto, Typ. Schein X, Frisch ab MFK, Top-Zustand, Auspuffanlage komplett aus V4A Chromnickelmolybdänstahl, Durchmesser 3 Zoll, Spezialsportfahrwerk, Spezialkurzschalthebel, Spezialschalensitze vorne, Bereifung: BF Goodrich, vorne und hinten Dimension: 285/40 ZR17, 2 Reifen in Reserve, Alufelgen OZ Monte Carlo, Brembo 4 Pistons Bremsanlage vorne, Spitze über 280 km/h. Alle Optionen: Leder Ausstattung Schwarz, Servolenkung, ABS, Airbag Fahrer und Beifahrer, Alarmanlage, Elektr. Sitzverstellung, Elektr. Fensterheber, Klima, Nebelscheinwerfer, Radio/ CD Delco, Cupholder, Sperrdifferential, Tempomat, Wegfahrsperre, Zentralverriegelung und Alarm über Fernbedienung steuerbar, elektr. Kofferraumentriegelung, Getönte Scheiben, hinten mit Spezialsonnenschutzfolie versehen, Aussenspiegel rechts und links beheiz- und elektrisch verstellbar, drittes Bremslicht in Heckspoiler integriert, 2 x Targadächer entfern- und im Kofferraum verstaubar.

AusstattungABS, Airbag, Airbag Beifahrer, Alarmanlage, Alufelgen, Elektr. Sitze, Elektr.Fensterheber, Elektr.Parkhilfe, Hardtop, Klima, Klima Automatik, Ledersitze, Nebelscheinwerfer, Radio CD, Servo, Sonnendach, Sperrdiff., Sportsitze, Stabilitätskontrolle, Tempomat, Wegfahrsperre, Zentralverriegelung

Remark29'800 miles, LT-1, business and fair weather car, type. Light X, freshness starting from MFK, Top condition, exhaust system completely from V4A chrome nickel molybdenum steel, diameter 3 tariff, special sport chassis, special short shift lever, special bowl seats in front, tyre: BF Goodrich, in front and in the back dimension: 285/40 ZR17, 2 tires in reserve, aluminum rims OZ Monte Carlo, Brembo 4 Pistons brake assembly in front, point over 280 km/h. All options: Leather equipment black, power steering, ABS, Airbag driver and front seat passenger, alarm installation, electrical seat adjustment, electrical window lifter, climate, fog headlight, radio CD Delco, Cupholder, check differential, Tempomat, going away barrier, zentralverriegelung and alarm over remote maintenance controllable, electrical trunk lock release, sounded disks, in the back with special sun protective plastic film provided, outside mirrors on the right of and on the left of heating and electrically adjustably, third stop light in tail spoilers integrates, 2 x Targadaecher removing and in the trunk stow awayable.

EquipmentABS, Airbag, Airbag front seat passenger, alarm installation, aluminum rims, electrical ones of seats, electrical window lifter, electrical park assistance, Hardtop, climate, climate mechanism, leather seats, fog headlight, radio CD, servo, sun oh, Sperrdiff., sport seats, stability control, Tempomat, going away barrier, zentralverriegelung

Wow! Based on that description, it sounds like a very highly optioned Callaway! I wish they had more pictures!

For anyone reading this, perhaps I'm even talking to Anthony directly, this is quite a special Callaway Camaro though for a collector.

Hey Brandon,

That car looks like it has a bunch of nice pieces on it, but I try to collect cars that went to Callaway as brand new cars. I am sure that they will all be of great value in the future, and I will regret passing on every one, but right now, I think I will only jump at complete C8s that were new or nearly new when modified. Don't worry, I have a list and when they pop up, I will jump on them.

I also want some of my father's old TT's, especially 87 #004, which was the first convertible, first Dymag car, and the last of the LF5 replacement blocks. I still love that car. Plus, then I can post in the Vette forum ;)

Brandon, I just heard of a real Callaway C8 convertible that is available. It is a potential opportunity for you to get one.

...kinda looks like this :cool

Contact me for the price and details. Do not wait!

tealcallawayc-8-2.jpg

callawayc8aquarear.jpg

...now looks like this:

c8a.jpg

c8b.jpg

c8c.jpg

Send me some info on it as well, in case Brandon does not want it.

Thanks,
Anthony 352 871 0008

Send me some info on it as well, in case Brandon does not want it.

Thanks,
Anthony 352 871 0008
We're going to see where this goes, just so you know. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom