Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Some Callaway Camaros for sale right now

I didn't end up getting it. I'm not sure if I should reveal why.

It looks a bit different than it did in the pics Chris posted.

I never went through with an offer, because I knew it was too much to handle for me.

I talked to who bought it, and he commented that he believes he can get it back to normal for about $25k but a long, long, long time of being in the shop.

It hit a telephone pole at 50 mph when one of the original 1994/1995 rear tires blew out... :ugh

It was too much of a project for me to handle. It's still possible to save it, but not on my budget.

Wrecked C8

I managed to pick this car up from the original owner. It was a very unfortunate accident, as the car was uninsured and has only 6000 miles on it. It has some extensive damage to the core, but surprisingly, the forks are not too bad at all. The engine still turns over, and the core did not push back into it. Like Brandon mentioned, the car will be completely broken down, assessed, and repaired properly. It will take considerable time, but it will be saved.

I will post pics when I undertake this project.

Anthony

Check your PM. I have not received any emails from you.

Best regards,
Anthony

How cool. This one is located in Switzerland and is for sale. I've never seen this one, there's only 1 real C8 in Bright Teal Metallic, and I didn't know there was a CamAerobodied Camaro in the color as well.
537927948_Big.jpg

Some details: 1996 Z28 convertible, 24,700 miles, 6-speed manual, no SNAT, OZ Monte Carlo wheels, CamAerobody. They want $28,907.31 US dollars. Bit high, but perhaps it is very reasonable in Switzerland.

537927948_2_Big.jpg

537927948_3_Big.jpg

537927948_4_Big.jpg

537927948_5_Big.jpg

How much does he want for just the front clip? :)

I have to say, the teal is quite pretty in real life. Callaway repaints the car a slightly different color to the stock teal. I can't wait to get the C8 on the road again.

Anthony

lol if your French is any good you might try asking them.

I really like the bright teal metallic (1994-1996) a lot better than the mystic teal metallic (1995-2001). The mystic teal is too dark and too green for me. I like bright blue myself. :upthumbs

(these are all non-Callaways)

mystic teal
2179769598_371c794eab_o.jpg

bright teal
2178981053_b49071a980_o.jpg

medium quasar blue
2178980657_c94e5fb8df_o.jpg

bright blue
2179768494_4501380013_o.jpg

When you need help communicating I can help out.
As I speak fluent German and a good bit of French too.

( background info from my source in Zurich ;) )
The Swiss have their own language which is a mixture of German,French and Italian and it sounds like they are singing all day.

They are very friendly people and take good care of my money too :chuckle

:SLAP aaauuch, that hurt.

How much does he want for just the front clip? :)

I have to say, the teal is quite pretty in real life. Callaway repaints the car a slightly different color to the stock teal. I can't wait to get the C8 on the road again.

Anthony

I believe the front clip of the C8 is in stock in Old Lyme. Check with Joanne

860 434 9002 :cool

I just noticed I didn't include the link to where that teal one was for sale. I feel dumb now.
http://www.fr.ricardo.ch/Article537...rolet_camaro_callaway_cabrio/C37263/P/5/1/0/1

And NOW I'M GLAD I FORGOT TO, BECAUSE LOOK WHAT I JUST FOUND! :W:W:W:W:W:W:W

18a2_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...ddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260255623793&

You know guys... my birthday's in a couple days. Maybe all these cars coming up for sale lately are a sign! :chuckle

I think the silver Commemorative Edition #01 needs the hatchback latch adjusted though. The gap is a little big for some reason.

Hmm....

Ok, so they spelled Callaway correctly once, but not the second time around.

"It's a lot of juice but Calloway engineers...."

What attention to detail for someone representing such a unique vehicle. That would be as bad as typing out Comaro. I just don't get it. :eyerole

-Luigi
:cool

Well, you make a point, but perhaps you haven't thought of the fact that when people incorrectly search for Calloway, it pulls up the auction. When I used to sell a lot of Camaro stuff, I'd put Camero somewhere in my ad as well. Same went for Dragon Ball Z and Dragonball Z several years ago.

This green stock body SNAT Camaro is up on auction again. The seller is leaving out some interesting damage history. Not cool.
065a_3.JPG

I happened to find this thread while using Google. Just wanted those interested that I was the original owner of that red '94 Camaro. It had pretty much all of Callaway's available mods except for the body kit. Paint was not Torch Red to my knowledge. I had it painted by Callaway's painter in Branford, CT and only know he chose a Corvette red for extra brightness.

I'm well aware of the changes the buyer had made and know he was having trouble selling it on eBay a couple of years ago. The owner undid so many of the original mods that I wasn't at all interested in buying it back at the time. I still have a framed photo here in my office of the car back from 1999 my kids gave me. The car, by the way, was a Class Winner at a 1999 Super Chevy Show (I still have the jacket I was awarded), and took Runner-Up in 2000.

I'd love to know if it sold, to whom, and for how much. And what it looks like today. I miss that car! :)

And here are a couple of other pics I have.

BOB1.JPG

Last car cruise before I sold it.

CallawayEngineLeftSide.jpg

Not much of a photo but it shows the Callaway stainless steel headers.

CallawayInterior.jpg

I loved the custom Callaway light gray leather interior.

CallawayCamaroRear.jpg

Photo just after Callaway installed their lowering springs. LOL!

Hey Bob! I haven't seen hide or hair of the car, or know if it sold.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom