Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

T-Top or RAG TOP what would you drive??

King ratrod of the ruleing roadsters

Actually looks better than the Guldstrand, but with the money I have no idea what I would build, most likely something from the 50s.

Attachments

• roasther.JPG
    roasther.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 49
I like rag top better more open feeling. To me t-tops are like a sunroof!
I like convertibles best... especially convertible Corvettes! JMO but I always thought a Corvette should be a convertible. Of course, that's not practical and "to each his own" ... so there again a coupe with targa can be a more practical solution. :upthumbs

And no matter what Websters has to say, I've heard people refer to Corvette verts as roadsters many times. Nothing wrong with that in a casual setting such as our friendly little community here. :thumb

streetisneat: it may be an old thread but it would seem you've breathed new life into it.
Well done!!
:wJane Ann

I thought the currently accepted definition of a roadster was essentially any car that didn't have any type of roof "available". If it has a retractable or removable roof, that's a convertible since you are converting from a having a roof to having no roof. But it's not a roadster in the current sense.

As for the original original question of T-top -vs- rag top, my understanding was the "T" was for additional torsional rigidity without the needed strength elsewhere in the chassis which led to increased vehicle weight. Since very few of us are campaigning our cars, I'd say get whatcha like! Interestingly (or not), I've never heard someone reference the T-tops as their primary reason for loving a car. That is, I've never heard someone say, "I don't care about anything else pertaining to a car, it just has to have T-tops! You found a customized Ford Tempo with T-tops? I just gotta have that car!!!" :eyerole
:L

I thought the currently accepted definition of a roadster was essentially any car that didn't have any type of roof "available". If it has a retractable or removable roof, that's a convertible since you are converting from a having a roof to having no roof. But it's not a roadster in the current sense.:L
Couldn't agree more but we all have our own rules about what is right. It's somewhat like a Cresent wrench which is actually an adjustable jaw open-end wrench. Ever hear anyone call it that? Cresent was the best manufacture of that type of wrench since the monkey wrench so their name became synonymous with an adjustable jaw open-end wrench. That would make me believe that those people that chose the word roadster to describe a convertible may be from a different way of thinking, old school, English background, or just like it better that the correct description. My dictionary says the same thing that Catbert confirms although there are others that slant it other ways. One thing I don't like about the convertible is that over 100 the sand starts coming out of the carpet into my eyes, Dyson doesn't suck well enough for that.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom