Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The car is packed 48 states await

Not replaced

Jack, Not 100% positive, but I think....maybe, that was worn out. :L Were all those pieces replaced in your restoration or were those the ones in there? Glad you made it to a safe "harbor" (sorry, pun intended) so you can get it fixed. Looking forward to the next update.:w

Old parts, 30 years, new old part (flange found and put in with new u joints
Should be good to go in and hour or so

Jack

Snake1 does it again

Jim got the job done

Off to see the rest of the world tomorrow

Jack

Narrows Bridge approach to Gig Harbor

carfixgigharbor003.jpg

See how its done

car001.jpg

Jim happy with his work

car002.jpg

car003.jpg

Really Happy or having stability problems

car005.jpg

Jack left this A.M. after spending 2 days while we got his car all squared away. I shudder to think what would have happened if that u-joint would have let loose in the middle of "Moose Butt, Wyoming".
For those that haven't met Jack yet, you're in for a treat. You won't meet a nicer, more down to earth person. His trip and stories are what most of us can only dream off.
Here's a pic. of him showing off his High Performance, Spandex driving shorts.:D (just kidding).
Take care Jack and enjoy the ride.:cheers:

2010_09010004.jpg

Speaking of nice & down to earth, you're a pretty fair Samaritan yourself. Well done, sir!

-Mac

Speaking of nice & down to earth, you're a pretty fair Samaritan yourself. Well done, sir!

-Mac

I'd have to agree 100%.:thumb

I am OK

I am now on the Pacific Coast Hy. heading for Coos Bay OR.

I reached the Pacific on Sept 2, one month after I began at 4:30 pm PT at the most NW location in the Continental US on the Olympic Peninsular WA

The pictures say it all. I thank all of you who have made my trip across America not only possible, but a trip of a life time

WAKlassOlympicpen052.jpg

WAKlassOlympicpen064.jpg

WAKlassOlympicpen087.jpg

Days End

WAKlassOlympicpen084.jpg

I just spoke with myself

I am OK. Give me a few hours to go to the Y . I will post pictures and catch up on forum stuff tonight.

I can't put in to words just yet the countryside that I have seen in the last few days

Jack

Calling CA

Hi, resting and get caught up with email. Those of you who live in CA and wanted me to stop by or can put me up for the night, please email or pm .

I need to plan my CA swing from stop to stop . I am in Redding and will head to the Tahoe area first and then to SF area.

I will be calling you , but some of you are not in my original data base, so please call 207 838 5695 or email me. I will be here for 3 days to rest and plan.

Jack

I woke up about 5 am , heard noise out side, caught like a deer in headlights, Klaus at work, common trait among the members visited

Jack

Did you stay overnight at Stump Ranch? Klaus and Linda are wonderful folks!!

-Mac

I have been following your awesome trip Jack.....what a great endeavor.
We are looking forward to your visit to the Raleigh/Cary area in North Carolina. We will keep you on our "radar" screen....travel safe.

Fred

Keep the photos and stories coming, Jack. You're doing something many of us dream about (and hope to do after retirement :thumb ).

It's great to hear tales from the road and share in your trip.
A big THANK YOU from me!
:wJane Ann

Redding to Nevada City

I had an unbelievable time in Redding CA, over 20 long and short time owners showed up. I will post pictures of it later. Thanks to Jack Grisham and the two car clubs of Redding.

I left Redding and have landed at Roy Braatz home at Bears End , Nevada City, CA

He fixed my car. It seems that that a few of the experts who have help me along the missed my Upper Arm Bushings that were ready to fall out.

I couple of quick turn of the wrench on the bolts saved the day.

First thing Roy looked for after my concerns of my wheel falling off.

ClydeandRoyBraatz034-2.jpg

ClydeandRoyBraatz035-2.jpg

ClydeandRoyBraatz036-2.jpg

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/jackfit87/roy braatz/ClydeandRoyBraatz037.jpg

ClydeandRoyBraatz038-2.jpg

ClydeandRoyBraatz037.jpg

call me when you get to utah 801 389-4158,,, when do you think you'll be in utah?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom