Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The car is packed 48 states await

All is well

Did you find a pump? Thats silly, you couldn`t continue on without it....Well lets hope your done with setbacks...I see you must coming through Canada.....good luck

Ironcross

New pump works great, just need a rear alignment. Heading to Ohio, any body know where I can get my car done on my route.

Jack

Baker diversified Auto

in Fremont, Ohio Baker's Diversified Vehicle Technology

not far from Ohio Turnpike....exit 91, get off at route 53 and go south. Do not run off the road even when 53 south goes to the right...just stay on the road south of turnpike and it crosses 53, then it goes past a shopping center on the right, keep going past intersection and across rail road track. Just ahead on RIGHT is his shop...

I would suggest that you call and ask for Bob Baker. He is the owner. The guys that answer the phone, service guys will say they don't have an opening. But if you explain to Bob that you are running cross country and Herb Turner said that Bob might be able to get you in, he would be the guy I would trust my car with....give him a call at Phone (419) 355-8599

Fremont is about 75 miles or so DUE WEST of Cleveland.

Great

not far from Ohio Turnpike....exit 91, get off at route 53 and go south. Do not run off the road even when 53 south goes to the right...just stay on the road south of turnpike and it crosses 53, then it goes past a shopping center on the right, keep going past intersection and across rail road track. Just ahead on RIGHT is his shop...

I would suggest that you call and ask for Bob Baker. He is the owner. The guys that answer the phone, service guys will say they don't have an opening. But if you explain to Bob that you are running cross country and Herb Turner said that Bob might be able to get you in, he would be the guy I would trust my car with....give him a call at Phone (419) 355-8599

Thanks , I am in orchard park, ny, leave for Ohio monday.

Car is running great

Jack

Sounds like you are getting closer. I hope we can get together when you pass through.

Tom

I am heading into Ohio

Hi tom,

leaving Orchard Park NY at noon. Route 5 along lake. towards Cleveland, then south. Have to be in columbus on 10th. Any stops on way around 4pm as I head south will help.

Call me at 207 838 5695 phone now works. Leave message, if I don't hear it in car.

Jack

I turn my phone on "vibrate and ring" and place it between my legs (go ahead and make all the lewd comment ya want...). At speed in a 57 with the top down I'll never hear just the ringing. :eyerole

So what time are you getting into Columbus? Lunch? Dinner? Even if not for very long, I'd love to see this Corvette that is rolling its way across the states.

Give me a call

Hi , I am in Huron tonight. I think not far from you. I will be around till 10 am and then head south. I can stop by and say hello on way to Columbus. 207-899-2517

Jack
Jack

Noon or 1 pm

So what time are you getting into Columbus? Lunch? Dinner? Even if not for very long, I'd love to see this Corvette that is rolling its way across the states.

I am planning to be in central Ohio for the day and next morning. Call me in AM at 207 8383 5695 . about 1 or 2 pm for Columbus.

Jack

Hi , I am in Huron tonight. I think not far from you. I will be around till 10 am and then head south. I can stop by and say hello on way to Columbus. 207-899-2517

Jack
Jack
sorry Jack, didnt see your note until today:confused...you are already gone....we are not too far from Huron.

Hopefully the rear end alignment of you r car is ok after all.....Bob Baker is a good guy and someone I trust with my cars and money....

drive carefully!

Hey Jack, I see your route comes through Eugene Or, I am only 11 miles from there. I will try to keep track of you so I can tell when you are in the area.

We sure had a good time yesterday hanging out with Jack. After we got his car aligned, we sent him off to explore our little area of Ohio. He came back to BUDS at about 7:00 PM and we headed to Celina, Ohio to a little local place we call CJ's. Got Jack a big old fashioned Ohio tenderloin that took two buns to cover !! A pile of fries and a couple cold ones also arrived at our table somehow !

He is doing the trip many of us wish we could do. He has driven his car more in 9 days than I've driven my 63 in years. He knew that and let me hop behind the wheel and put a few miles on his green 66 while he followed me to Celina in my new Silverado. I think he really wanted to use my air conditioner for a bit !!
biggrin.gif

If Jack is in your area, be sure to get out and meet him. It's funny how friendships from the internet get to come to life thanks to the efforts of the parties willing to meet in person. He is worth the trip to meet if you can !

Jack................. it was a pleasure to have you in town. I'm glad I got to show you my cars and spend a little time with a fellow enthusiast. Thanks so much for letting me put a few miles on the old 66. It was a blast !!
smile.gif
Thanks for making my wife and I a part of your journey. Safe travels.

Tom

Great Trip

Jack,

Sounds like you're having a lot more fun than you are problems; here's hoping it stays that way ! This is definitely a trip I would love to do sometime. I tried something similar with my '71 - A buddy and I picked it up in San Diego and planned to drive it back home to DE in 9 days. Things didn't work out so well and we ended up having to leave the car in Taos, NM and fly home from Albuquerque. Getting the car home from Taos was another "experience" that I don't care to repeat.

Wish you nothing but good times, good weather and good friends. I'll keep checking on your progress and when you start to get close to DE we'll see if we can't arrange a get together.

Bernie O.

Mid-west thunder storm

myself and several others were invited to Capevettes home to bid Jackfit good luck on his journey...we checked out his car and he told of of his official ..unofficial route and plans. The adrenalin is pumping at the moment and I am sure will settle down once he gets some miles logged. I want to thank Paul(capevette) for the invitation to his great Vette home and garage and also his lovely wife, and to the explorer..Jackfit..safe and amazing journey to you my friend...dont forget to get more GREY tape...hahahaha

Hi,

Did not need tape. Third latch worked like a charm, no water in an Ohio downpour.

Found a great place to get gas in Ohio, and it was only 29 cents a gallon. No Nox was 31 cents.

LeadNoNox.jpg

Stoppedfillup.jpg

Bud's Chevy Dealership

Bud's fixed it for me thanks to Tom Hendricks ,

Thanks for the tip, Out of Ohio, and Out of Michigan on Sat. Heading for Indiana. I would like to stop near Indiana and MI border, let me know if you or any others are on my way to Indianapolis.

Jack

Jack

Bud's fixed it for me thanks to Tom Hendricks ,

Thanks for the tip, Out of Ohio, and Out of Michigan on Sat. Heading for Indiana. I would like to stop near Indiana and MI border, let me know if you or any others are on my way to Indianapolis.

Jack

Jack

Jack, I hope you have time to join us at the Midwest Corvette and Chevy Show at the Porter County Fairgrounds in Valparaiso, Indiana. The Auction and swap meet were on Saturday but the show is on Sunday... I've got a couple of passes you can use. The fairgrounds are on Rt 49 south of Rt 30. You can get Rt 49 from either I94 or I80.
You've got my cell and home phones, I'll be leaving for the show around 8:30AM. We're gonna show our new Grand Sport for the first time.
If we don't get a chance to hook up with you, God speed and happy motoring!!

Jim & Rhonda

:w:w

I am going to try to make it

Jack, I hope you have time to join us at the Midwest Corvette and Chevy Show at the Porter County Fairgrounds in Valparaiso, Indiana. The Auction and swap meet were on Saturday but the show is on Sunday... I've got a couple of passes you can use. The fairgrounds are on Rt 49 south of Rt 30. You can get Rt 49 from either I94 or I80.
You've got my cell and home phones, I'll be leaving for the show around 8:30AM. We're gonna show our new Grand Sport for the first time.
If we don't get a chance to hook up with you, God speed and happy motoring!!

Jim & Rhonda

:w:w

Hi Jim,

I have to be in Grafton WI by 3 pm. I don't think I can make it to the show and drive to Grafton by 3.

I will give you a call in morning on cell as to my direction

Jack

Sleeping in WI

Wow, have a safe trip, Jack. I'll keep up-to-date on your blog.

Hi , I am sitting in a Denny's in Highland Park WI., on my way to Grafton WI. Trip continues to be great. I am working on a program to reduce my pictures so I can post them. Every day, I just start the car and point it West or East or South or North, but it always comes back to West.

Look forward to meeting many of you. Internet is a real problem on the road. You can help me be PM or emailing me when I am 2 to 3 days away. My memory is not what it once was. I can then plan my actual route. Gives peace of mind while driving if you know where you are going to end up at night.

Thanks everyone

Wow, have a safe trip, Jack. I'll keep up-to-date on your blog.

Hi

I am having trouble with batching my photos for easy uploading. Once that is resolved, I will start a thread that is only for photos, not comments.

Where am I ? Left Grafton WI , heading for Moline IL. 250 miles away.

The ride, the car, the beautiful small town countryside, corn , soybean, barns, no traffic, 3,000 to 3,5000 rpms for hours on end, great people and hosts,

I am in heaven while alive.

Jack

PS Forum Members

I will be staying with MajicV8 in Moline tonight. I head to St. Louis area tomorrow, If you were on my list to visit, please let me know, so I can plan a destination. Maybe, by tonight, a few who live in the area can meet with me at a central location

Jack

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom