Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The car is packed 48 states await

Hi

I am having trouble with batching my photos for easy uploading. Once that is resolved, I will start a thread that is only for photos, not comments.

Where am I ? Left Grafton WI , heading for Moline IL. 250 miles away.

The ride, the car, the beautiful small town countryside, corn , soybean, barns, no traffic, 3,000 to 3,5000 rpms for hours on end, great people and hosts,

I am in heaven while alive.

Jack

PS Forum Members

I will be staying with MajicV8 in Moline tonight. I head to St. Louis area tomorrow, If you were on my list to visit, please let me know, so I can plan a destination. Maybe, by tonight, a few who live in the area can meet with me at a central location

Jack

I wish I had seen this thread earlier, if you are anywhere near Effingham, Illinois, stop in at Mid America Motorworks and meet the gang. Exit 162 just off I70 at the 70/57 split. I am in Highland Illinois around exit 30 , just off 70 about 30 miles north east of St Louis.. I think it is awesome you are making this trip ! Have a safe rest of the trip.
Scott Winebarger

C4 Vette.jpg

Jack left for StLouis MO at 8AM from Moline IL

Tuesday at 9AM on the Great River road in the rain:
jack.in.rain.sm.jpg

and crossing the Mississippi (again) at Muscatine Iowa
jack.into.ia.jpg

I believe he next heads for the KC STJoe area........ after that up to DesMoines, then Omaha. Call (207) 835-5695 if you are on the route and want him to stop and visit.

:upthumbs

still following! Looks great! And, it sounds like its been a success and a blast.

My wife and I are leaving CT for Key west and back in a week. Not exactly a 48 state trip, but we will hit 25!

Travel safe and i hope the weather and roads cooperrate!

Real Horsepower

Spent the day at the Douglas County Fair in Northern Minn. Great day, resting and getting ready for the next week in the High Plains Country. I hit Cody , Wyoming on Monday, Fargo on Sunday and Little Missouri Grasslands Park on Sunday. Off to Yellowstone on Wednesday.

Communications will be spotty for the next week.

Here are some pictures of horsepower.

Attachments

• Douglas County Fair  Alexandria Minn 008.jpg
    Douglas County Fair Alexandria Minn 008.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Douglas County Fair  Alexandria Minn 014.jpg
    Douglas County Fair Alexandria Minn 014.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Douglas County Fair  Alexandria Minn 065.jpg
    Douglas County Fair Alexandria Minn 065.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 83
Red River Corvette Club

I would like to thank Steve & Cheryl Christlieb, Dan & Micke Currier and Peter & Maxine Pianka for their hospitality in Moorehead Minn. 3 Big Blocks (2 66's 1 67) and my little mouse 327.

They gave me a great send off to the National Parks in the Dakotas and Wyoming.

Thanks Jack

RidetoCody025.jpg

RidetoCody026.jpg

Steve

RidetoCody028.jpg

Dan

RidetoCody034.jpg

Peter

RidetoCody029.jpg

427 Tri Power

RidetoCody009.jpg

I am OK

Hi,

Just a quick message. I am in the National Parks. TR Park, Yellowstone, and now the Tetons.

Very poor internet, can't upload pictures. Car is fine, no problems , at 10,000 feet. Good tuning and engine rebuild. However, with 6,000 miles in the last 24 days, I am going to need a place for some maintenance. Park City, Utah. Gary, I will see you 27th or 28th.
v
Ride has been spectacular. Crossed the Continental Divide , three times yesterday . Off into mountains today.

Here is a map of my trip so far. Just click on the link.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...bd16c50594&z=5

Here is a map of projected route

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...,86.572266&z=4

I will have pictures when I get to Park City. Northwest members, leave the light on and I need a lift to check out strange sounds from steering.

Jack

A picture is worth a thousand words

If you reply, do it without a quote, so the pictures do not reload for every reply .

Close call

TetonsYellowTRParks055.jpg

But Mom, it's a Corvette

TetonsYellowTRParks058.jpg

Now , that's overheating

TetonsYellowTRParks104.jpg

Needed a DeWitts

TetonsYellowTRParks120.jpg

Just look

TetonsYellowTRParks171.jpg

Just Dream

TetonsYellowTRParks086.jpg

Take that ride

TetonsYellowTRParks180.jpg

Jack, I am sooooo jealous!!! You definately are having time of your life!!!:beer

Jack, I am sooooo jealous!!! You definately are having time of your life!!!:beer

I second that... and thank you for sharing your experiences with us!!

-Mac

Jack, thanks for the update. Beautiful pictures. Keep them coming.

Help

Well here I am in the Pacific Northwest , Gig Harbor WA, with Jim Durham, or also known as Snake1

700 miles today, and I just made it to his garage. That noise I was speaking about, well rear outer u joint , shot (see pictures) we got a replacement , but it looks like my rear flange is cracked.

Anybody near me that has one, or knows where one is in WA let us know, I will be here for at least a few days.

Nice cars

JACK

gigharbor125.jpg

gigharbor126.jpg

Jim at work

gigharbor117.jpg

gigharbor112.jpg

gigharbor109.jpg

Jack, Not 100% positive, but I think....maybe, that was worn out. :L Were all those pieces replaced in your restoration or were those the ones in there? Glad you made it to a safe "harbor" (sorry, pun intended) so you can get it fixed. Looking forward to the next update.:w

Is the flange broken or are you just replacing u-joint(s)?

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom