Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tire Choice

C3forME said:
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's 255/60-15 Raised White Letters on stock Rally's all the way around. They are great looking tires that handle and wear extremely well.
I agree. I replaced fairly new GoodYear GT+4's with these, and I wasn't sure if I was making a mistake or not - all that WHITE. As it turned out, I LOVE 'em. I love the looks, the handling, and the compliments I get on 'em all the time! They put the GoodYear's to shame, surprisingly - to me anyway. -John

JJS said:
I agree. I replaced fairly new GoodYear GT+4's with these, and I wasn't sure if I was making a mistake or not - all that WHITE. As it turned out, I LOVE 'em. I love the looks, the handling, and the compliments I get on 'em all the time! They put the GoodYear's to shame, surprisingly - to me anyway. -John
The GT-2's put the GT+4's to shame too, believe it or not.
Much more traction, much less noise, no pattern tread sound, no wear issues. In general a much better design.

wishuwerehere82 said:
The GT-2's put the GT+4's to shame too, believe it or not.
Much more traction, much less noise, no pattern tread sound, no wear issues. In general a much better design.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the noise. Those things made more noise than any tire I've ever had on any car. And like I already said, the handling was terrible. The car always felt loose.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom