Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

TV Tornado and Molded TB insert

B

BgBlock69

Hey guys; Just wondering if anyone has tried that Tornado device that is shown on TV infomercials? Does it work? Cost about 75.00 dollars

Also, that polished device that fits in the Throttle Body. That is supposed to clean up the air flow? Cost about 60.00 dollars

If so, what kind of improvements?

I am not sure of the tornado thing, i was curious myself, check ebay for a throttle body air foil, you should be able to get one for $25 or less... real world HP is probably about 2-3

I have an air foil that fits in the air duct. I no longer need it due to my throttle body being smooth. I will let you have it for $20.00 if you want.

Give me your address and I will send the money.

Do a quick search on the net and you will find a lot of people highly dislike the "Tornado" for various reasons, such as no increase in either MPG or power.

Look harder and you'll find others that like it.

What the product does is to create an air vortex, but in order to do this, the incoming air has to go thru the thing. Which in reality would cause a partial blockage of air!

And to top it off, the air vortex would stop at the throttlebody ending whatever gain you may have gotten!

I've seen the tornado advertised for trucks, don't know about any results for the Vette' though.

I have an air foil on my car and I did notice a louder exhaust tone after I put it on. Got it one eBay for about $30. I'd take UB2 SLOW's offer on that!

Here is one reason to stay away...I read this on another forum..

So I ordered it for my crossfire....the wrong set up came....they charged my card 167.95....so I called...They..the people that answer the phone....don't know which way is up...told me one thing...then I called again told me something else......these people must be trained in how to screw the average joe.....told me so many different things....
Any way called and told to cancel....chargeback to my credit card...now told it will take 8 weeks to charge back...

Stay away from this VooDOO......

THEY MUST BE COVERING SOMETHING UP TO DO THIS....

Guess you guys were right...should have listened...

So I will wait 8 weeks to get credit...

Hope this helps to stop anyone else that thinks this would help..

this whole thing stunk from the first time I saw it.

I'd report them to the state's atty. general, consumer fraud dept. i did this with WorldCom, a long time ago and got results in days, not weeks.

i did it all, including the Texas Atty. Gen., where their HQ was, via the web.

:w

Just for fun I called the 800# they have listed on the TV ad for the Tornado and asked if they had one to fit a 1983 Corvette. The girl on the phone said no problem so I asked her to double check just to make sure. She said they have it listed right in their catalog to fit an '83 and how many did I want!!!!!!!!!

Good for you. You really busted them. Seems that company likes to screw the customers. Next time ask them if they know how many of these gadgets they have sold for 1983 Corvettes.

Smoke & mirrors

I think it would be funny if.......

You took a stock Hi milage Vette ( Car #1)

And a similar Vette ( Car #2 )

and bolted every sham after market JOKE device or fluid in & on it! ( Hey use some Duralube.. and drain the crank BEFORE the race)

Do a drag race!

and the loosing team.. (all the sales guys for all the products put on would have to defend their position on why their car lost)

If would look like a WWF cage death match..and just as phony....

Just think about all the NON science phrases that would be uttered...

But it would be a HOOT!

Vig!

Very interesting replies. I watched the commercial again and noted the truck that they put it on had a K&N airfilter installed. Do you think this might of been the real improvement? HMMMM.

FX GS,

Great Job! I enjoyed reading about your question to these snake oil people. It's always great to start out the day with a good laugh.

Everyone,

The tornado thing is snake oil in its purest, non liquid form. The theory actually could work in a few rare cases for a carbureted car where turbulence can cause proper fuel atomization, but in an injected car turbulence does nothing but decrease air flow. You are not trying to atomize fuel with air until the air reaches the point where the fuel is injected into the airstream.

Have a great day,

Larry, a number of Japanese cars have factory intakes that swirl the air to some extent (the new Subaru 6-cyl motor is one, 99% sure the Honda VTecs are another). However, these were designed from the start to use it... not have it added later.

Hey - all we'd need to do is put a twisted piece of tinfoil on the back of our MAFs! Instant Tornado!
[RICHR]

rrubel,

I wonder if this swirl effect designed into these intake systems biases the airflow toward the intake ports. Like you say, it is designed in, not an afterthought.

Have a great day,

JonM - Call your credit card company immediately and dispute the charge. Tell them you were shipped the wrong item and are they are not willing to give you immediate credit. The credit card company will charge them back the amount of the dispute and stop any interest from accruing.

If the Tornado company goes out of business, very common in these scams, before they give you a credit, you're out the money.

The back of your statement outlines the procedures to follow for a dispute, all you are out is a stamp and about 10 minutes to write a letter.

exbanker,

Awesome avatar! Do you have a bigger pic? I'm not a fan of red, but put it together with black and it's a winning combination.:upthumbs

It sure looks bogus to me too. And I have watched the commercial. Be afraid...be very afraid.

:(

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom