Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Vetterod question - Emblems

Vettemagic

Corvette
1961 Vetterod, LS1/6Speed
Trying to complete my 61 vetterod and since it now has a LS1, I feel it could sport some original Fuel Injections markers on the front fenders. My problem is the assembly manual seems mute on the subject and therefore I need the EXACT location to mount the markers. I just bought a repro set of markers from Trim Parts. The NCRS judging guide on says that 61 gets script markers "just above the cove trim", however it seems the just above fell off my ruler. Since this entails drilling three holes per side in my pride and joy (not to mention $10,000 paint job). I'd rather not be "close".

Any help would be appreciated.

I did the same thing for my '60......I have the dimensions someplace....I will look on my other computers.....and I will send them to you......

IMG_1263Small-vi.jpg

I got the dimensions from one of the forum members as well......

All donations cheerfully accepted

My Vette,

Thanks for the response. I'll be waiting for the response. Am I just crazy, or is the assembly manual no help. I thought the dimensions were listed, but nothing.

Vettemagic

PS I'd like to see your rod as well. Make any of the Florida events?

Emblems

first gear,

Are you the one who posted the article on the installation of the electric wipers. The photos in that article look like the ones in your sign on. If it is you, I'd like to get some information on that as well. I bought a kit, but since my AC ducts (Classic Air of Tampa) are tuffed under the dash, I don't have easy access to the bases as you had.

Vettemagic

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom