Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Viewing Picture

Evolution1980

Shut off ca firewall and activated windows firewall. Everything works OK now. Will this cause any security issues?

Evolution1980

Shut off ca firewall and activated windows firewall. Everything works OK now. Will this cause any security issues?
No firewall, antivirus, malware program is 100% secure. To say if you are any better or worse off is not really answerable. Windows Firewall may stop or fend off certain things that CA Firewall doesn't and vice-versa. As long as Windows Firewall isn't your only protection on your computer. You should have some type of antivirus program running as well. I've always been pretty happy with Windows Firewall and Symantec Endpoint Protection. I also add to that running MalwareBytes application every couple of weeks. It's good at catching a lot of things that slip through most antivirus and firewall programs.

No firewall, antivirus, malware program is 100% secure. To say if you are any better or worse off is not really answerable. Windows Firewall may stop or fend off certain things that CA Firewall doesn't and vice-versa. As long as Windows Firewall isn't your only protection on your computer. You should have some type of antivirus program running as well. I've always been pretty happy with Windows Firewall and Symantec Endpoint Protection. I also add to that running MalwareBytes application every couple of weeks. It's good at catching a lot of things that slip through most antivirus and firewall programs.

I do have the other parts of the security suit running. Both antivirus, malware and spyware.

Thank you for your help also the same to Jane and all the others who helped,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom