Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wake up a C-6

J

jscrimager

I have a new C-6 with a 6 speed. I would like to wake up the sound. Does any one have any suggestions? Can I just have the mufflers replaced or do I need to replace the complete exhaust? Not so much worried about increased performance just would like to hear the thing idle. Thanks for your reply.

Check out the CORSA exhaust for the C6 - it is very nice. Not cheap though.

Here's what I know from reading a zillion posts about C6 exhaust:
Everyone has a different idea of what sounds "good."
You can just about spend as much as you want, but not as little.

I thought exactly the same thing. Just wanted a little more at idle. I went with the Billy Boat Route 66's and love them. Just what I was looking for.

I have a new C-6 with a 6 speed. I would like to wake up the sound. Does any one have any suggestions? Can I just have the mufflers replaced or do I need to replace the complete exhaust? Not so much worried about increased performance just would like to hear the thing idle. Thanks for your reply.

Borla Stingers for a muscle car sound! Not as loud as B&B bullits but much louder than Corsa Sports. Plus, the axle back system weighs substantially less than stock (unlike the Corsa's, which weigh more)

Check out the CORSA exhaust for the C6 - it is very nice. Not cheap though.
I have Corsa sports on. Not too loud, but much better than stock.
Now I added headers, they are still not obnoxiously loud at idle or highway speeds.
But you should hear them scream at WOT. :) :cool

Can the new "Z06 style" exhaust be fitted to previous year production C6's? Be wary of "DRONE."

If you really want more sound, then about 10-15 minutes with a hacksaw should change this!

Flow Masters

I put on a set of Flow Masters and WOW what a difference. They are on ebay for $357 shipped over night with no shipping charge. It took me and my son about 2 hours to install. The system is from the axel back. They come with the quad set up as well, so the look is like the factory. They have a mellow growl. You can still have a conversation and listen to the radio. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to put a little umph in your getty up.:w

I put on a set of Flow Masters and WOW what a difference. They are on ebay for $357 shipped over night with no shipping charge. It took me and my son about 2 hours to install. The system is from the axel back. They come with the quad set up as well, so the look is like the factory. They have a mellow growl. You can still have a conversation and listen to the radio. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to put a little umph in your getty up.:w
Can anyone tell me more about this system?

Flowmasters

Can anyone tell me more about this system?

Go to youtube and search for Flowmaster exhaust. There are a few sound clips you can listen to. They are the best value on an upgrade exhaust.

Flowmasters

Are the Flowmasters' 4 tips the same size as factory? Is this a bolt-on only mod?

Just how hard is an axle back system to install? Can it be done without a lift? If so how high do I need to jack the rear up? Can it be done just by driving up on some 2X10's? So many questions......

Although a lift is best, I have installed a set on a C5 without a lift. you do have to jack them up a fair piece.

Flowmasters

You do have to cut 4" off the old pipe on the right side to get it to come back over the axel. The tips are a little larger than oem. To remove the old exhaust I used a jack to set the rear of the car on jack stands. Or you can call your local Midas shop and I was quoted $130 to install. Not too bad if you don't have the tools. So for $487( inc. the cost for the exhaust) out the door you will have your new sound.

Good Luck

Actually pretty much the same. The mufflers run a different direction and they are a little easier to install but not much.

Is there any resonance at a certain RPM?

Hecox

Flowmaster

Is there any resonance at a certain RPM?

Hecox

Not much but, it is tolerable. I have an automatic and as the car is shifting as on any performance exhaust you hear a deep throaty sound which is expected. I would do it again if I had to. Great exhaust tone for the price!!

Are the Flowmasters' 4 tips the same size as factory? Is this a bolt-on only mod?

FLOWMASTERS can't beat the price ($359) 3.5" tips great sound. Add an xpipe to lose the drone.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom