Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Are These?

NC2Stay

Corvette
1995 Coupe, Torch Red, 6-speed, chrome sawblades
relays.jpg

What are these three (relays, I assume) just behind the driver's headlight and mounted on the radiator shroud?

The reason I ask is that the upper (black) one came loose and snarled my headlight. No damage (I hope the bushings weren't hurt), but they seem very loosely mounted. Just a plastic pin, and what looks like a tapered plastic screw.

Advice appreciated.

Bob

On my 85' those were covered by a black plastic box mounted to the wheel well, and two were the Headlight relay's and the third had sumthing else to do with the headlights, I want to say an isolation relay, if memory serves.

gmhowe said:
...two were the Headlight relay's and the third had sumthing else to do with the headlights...
KOPBET said:
...those are cooling fan relays...
OK - anybody have a third opinion?

Bob

NC2Stay said:
OK - anybody have a third opinion?

Bob

More specifically,

the black one is fan relay #3, the one below that is fan relay #2, and the one out is front is fan relay #1.

:beer

Great - that sounds pretty specific! Now that I know what they are, it will be easier to look them up in my shop manual.

The problem is that they are all kinda loose - anybody have any experience tightening them in some way?

Thanks, Bob

Schematic is on page 6-290 Book #1.

You can go to your GM dealer and see if he has some of these things that hold them in place. My C4 parts CD is not working or I'd try to find the P/N.

KOPBET said:
Schematic is on page 6-290 Book #1.

You can go to your GM dealer and see if he has some of these things that hold them in place. My C4 parts CD is not working or I'd try to find the P/N.
Yup, that is exactly the bracket. The holes for the screw part seem stripped or loose.

Thanks, Bob

You should have three buttons on the dash for these relays. The black one dispenses Jack Danields, One gray is for light beer, and the other is for Red wine.:L ;) :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom