Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is your favorite oil?

I was using Valvoline 20-50 syn while in the Arizona summertime...All oils had to be like mayonaise in that climate. I honestly do not know how the Bondurant school keeps its fleet of c-5s running with rookies at the wheel in 117 degree ambient temps.

Mobile-1 came out with a 15-50 that I use now. Seems to flow well, and not thin out completely when roasting in 100+ degree rush hour traffic in Tex.
The 5-30wt just melts when the engine temp hits 230 and stays there. I also use Pro-long with its "booster" dose every oil change...2-3000 miles. I'm a believer in the pro-long after seeing internals of a 120K mile motor.
I get the Mobile-1 (15-50) for under $20 a 5 qt jug at wallymart:beer

What is your favorite oil

Amsoil oil and filters for the last 10 years. 0W30 in my wifes Volvo turbo, my daily driver Subaru turbo and our 96 LT4 vette changed either yearly or at 10k miles oil & filter. Use 10W40 in our 70 GTO street/strip car.

Prior to that used Red Line products for many years. The reason for the switch is that I have a local Amsoil dealer with a walk in retail store. On the subject of Red Line, I have used Water Wetter in all my cars for as long as I can remember.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom