Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What is your FAVORITE wheel design?

Brangeta

The talk about wheels has inspired me to make this topic. This isn't necessarily a Callaway topic, but as I've said before, this is the only forum on Corvette Action Center I read. So I hope it is ok for it to be here. :)

When I was in middle school in 1998, I used to be a big fan of the 3-spokes Viper RT/10s wore:
20051111dd6b2722.jpg

Then my favorite wheel became the chrome "salad shooters" that were only an option on '96 Camaro Z28s.
96_chevrolet_camaro_coupe.jpg

When I joined this message board, I really started liking the Bridgestone Run-flats:
c7.jpg

But now, I think I found a new wheel design I find irresistable! It is a wheel choice on the new Lamborghini Murcielago LP640s:

7LA02176-5sm.jpg

What are your favorite wheels guys? :)

EDIT: I just noticed a trend in my wheel preferences... Apparently I like directional wheels that tend to have cut-out areas within them... WEIRD!

Brangeta -

I see the styles you like. I don't know of a link, but the Boyd Coddington "Ninjas" look pretty awesome. Saw them on a black boat-tailed Riviera ('70-'73, I believe) and they looked sweet-like a throwing star.

My personal favorites are the old-school Cragar SS and the American Racing 5-spoke (200 S ?). I'm a dinosaur, I know. ;)

For Corvettes, I like the '63-'67 knockoffs, the '68-'76 rallyes, of course, and I've always liked the ZR-1 5-spoke and the Z-06 10-spoke (that looks like an open 5-spoke). :)

Rick
:gap
Naval Base Port Hueneme, California

I'm not familiar with Boyd Ninjas, and google wasn't any help. :ugh I remember seeing a truck in a 1990s issue of Hot Rod Magazine with some Boyd wheels that looked similar to the Camaro Salad Shooters. I really liked them! But had no luck finding any pics online of them either...

You guys have some classic/timeless tastes. It seems I prefer designs that for the most part, didn't survive past the 90s :).

Do you remember these styles? They were popular in the 90s as well, but usually on older hotrods.
CL-SWIRL.jpg
CL-PINTAIL.jpg

I always liked these two, but there were others you can see here:
http://wayneswheels2000.com/CenterlineBillet.html

Ok... these are a bit extreme :crazy
Diablo-Defiance-255.jpg

Diablo-DefianceA.jpg

HELO-WHEELS-HE809-CATT.jpg

BBALL.jpg

BBALL-HUMMER.jpg

Mizati-FaceoffSilR.jpg

ZABSUPAHJUDAH.jpg

omegaHypnotic732-3.jpg

Completely depends on the car...if I had one style to pick it would be a 5 spoke design.

On a C4 I love Dymags(i wish we could get some 18s), Amolds(tho over used)

On a C5 I like the CCW SP500s and 505a's
100_2073.JPG

On a C6 Im fond of these HRE's
orig.jpg

I went through that entire website I posted a link to above (had brands of wheels I've NEVER heard of) and these ended up being my favorite on the site:
CENTERLINEc.jpg

Gee, they sure are shallow though... 7 inches wide on the 15 to 18 inchers, and 7.5 on the 19 inchers... Aren't stock Corvette wheels about 8.5 to 9.5 inches wide?

Top 3 : Callaways , Corvettes , other Cars.

My long time favorites are the Callaway Bridgstone run-flat wheels.
Second the Callaway C12 wheels
Third the new C6 Callaway wheels like Lance has them.

for normal Vettes I like the 1986 wheel as they are polished incl the center piece and they have the ZR1 ish center depth.
Second the 1990 ZR-1 wheels
and Third the 1993 --> sawblades also because they are polished.

for normal cars my favorites are

1 ATS CUP 15"
ATS-cup-disk.jpg

2nd the Renault Megane 16v wheels 16"

184819726_81c9941ff9_m.jpg

3 rd The Renault 5 Turbo wheels

r5turboalvarez01.jpg

I hope you guys like them too.

Have you seen these yet? :ugh

Link to the site where you can buy them. Make sure you check out the video. :D

ruedas%20pimpstar.JPG

Oh... no! LOL

I think this one is stunning, but then so is the whole car!

-Luigi
:cool

I really like the OZ Mito's Callaway used, the ones with the hidden rim bolts. I also think those Bridgestone Runflat wheels are cool. The 2nd design Dymags for 'vettes are also hot.

OEM I think the A-molds are a great design. So simple but so good looking.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom