Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

What Shark do you prefer?

What Shark grouping do you perfer?

• 68-69

Votes: 96 23.4%
  • 70-72

Votes: 111 27.0%
  • 73-74

Votes: 39 9.5%
  • 75-77

Votes: 45 10.9%
  • 78-79

Votes: 26 6.3%
  • 80-82

Votes: 94 22.9%

• Total voters
I love mostly yellow C-3's with chrome bumpers.........:love

i voted 70-72........even if i have a 74.......i jsut cant stop lovin that crome, so sexy.

I voted for 70-72, because my favorite engine is the LT-1. But my favorite body is the 69. I think 68-72 should be one group, keeping the chrome bumper cars all together.

Chris

I had to vote for the 80-82. I have wanted the 82 collectors since I first saw it in 82. Now that I have one at my home I must admit that the 71 convertable is just about as close to my 82 as one can get. I just need to convince my wife that "She" needs it.

I voted for the 70-72. My first Vette was a '71 LT-1. I just think they have the best lines. (68-69 included)

Picking out a favorite is like asking someone which child is their favorite.

Nick

I love my '76. But some day I hope to get a '68 convertible. That's where my vote went. :beer

Chrome is nice, and I've always loved the little "tail flip" and concave rear of the 68-72(73). Vote went 68-69 (Sharks have gills).

I voted for the 80 - 82 not because I have one, but I just love the low front ground effect. Great Lines also.... I had a 1977 and loved the fins off the rear window but prefer the room behind the seats of the 80-82.

Wiley:beer

easy one for me...

i think that 73 marked and end of an era ........my opinion only....no offence meant.....ive read that Zora's favorite model year was the 73 , it was the closest version of what he had in mind......then the government stepped in with cats and stuff.....
the big block took a beating on horsepower this year.....275 dont seem like much....the last year for the bumper......its set apart from any other year.i love all corvettes but the one that grabbed my heart as a young lad was 1973.....took me all my life since to get it....hence the vanity tag.......BOUTIME.:bu

I voted 73-74 but it was hard! Tom why didn't you put 73 by itself and list 74 with 75-77... Love my 73 but wouldn't have a 74!!! No offence...

Tim73454

Hey vettedude73! Zora's favorite was the '74 not the '73! He actually owned a '74 big block blue coupe for many years after his retirement. This was was featured in Petersen's Corvette history book.

The '74 is the best looking C3 especially in convertible form. Tom Falconer in his C3 book remarks that the '74 convertible was the zenith of design. There is less added-on chrome. The front matches the rear. It is all beautifully integrated. There are no bumperettes as in other years to spoil the design.

I agree that the 73 and the 74 belong together as they are mechanically very close except for the chrome bumper of the '73. I must state that I know at least 2 individuals that would not buy a '73 because the front and rear do not match. Of course this is their opinion.

But let's not focus just on the outside but what is on the inside as well. What can't be argued is that when you open the hood of a '74 big block, there is no better sight to behold than that 454 engine within the beautiful fiberglass frame. Imagine the very last year of this engine in this gorgeous car!

69-72

I voted for 68-69, but really it is 69-72 with the early models being higher on my preference list.

Design-wise, gotta love the chrome and the removable rear window!

Performance, well, C3's just got too tame after 72 IMO.

69 gets top votes, though, 'cause of the gills, the 427, and factory side-pipes!!!

Seeing as how I have a 70 model, this is the way I voted. I do like all C3s though. My favs are the bumper cars though.

Hey Tom,
Good poll. I had to go for the 73's. Keep up the good work.

Michel :pat

I voted 78-79 Maybe cause I couldn't be unfaithful to my "baby"
but I agree: Picking out a favorite is like asking someone which child is their favorite.

:love :v ;worship

Even though I love all Sharks, 1968 to me is the neatest, raciest, oddballest(sp?)of all the Sharks-guess that is why I love it so much!!!

probly no surprise, but i voted for 73-74. I believe they are special by being the last year of no pollution control, thus the last year of early ( 50-60's tech ) performance cars, its the accumulation of the all the performance tech before it. And before the gov. ( ie. not performance oriented people ) really changed the car world with priorites on safety, fuel mileage and pollution.
74's have some non performance things starting to show on them ( L48 and a bit heavy ) but still...
With some ?tuning? and lots of compression these are very fun to drive
I definately love each and every year too and want to drive them all one day :)

80 -82 body's

Tom, this 81 is my first vette and I have really enjoyed the ride and the way it handles off the steering wheel. Its a keeper for me, Thanxs for the inivite...LOBO out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom