Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Why do C1 and C2 have to "share"?

Tom, I don't remember if I replied but yes my 59 is registered. Jim has performed an excellent job with this registry.

as much as I hate to say it, the C1 and C2 section is close to that now......

Guys, don't give up on it.

The UK Corvette forum is VERY slow in the C2 section... in fact, calling it a Ghost Town would be making it sound lively :D

I was pointed in the direction of this place by the previous owner of my car and thus far, it has proven to be invaluable.

I personally think the issue isn't age related (owners, not cars) but rather that classic cars create a very different banter to modern ones. Modern car chat invariably revolves around discussion of mods, new models and comparisons to other cars in the same genre; where as classic car owners tend to talk about restoration and issues. We're not speaking a different language, we just have different needs from the community.

If I had to make a criticism of this site (and it isn't a criticism as I appreciate it needs to be set up this way to create some logical structure), is that the model segregation seems to increase the separation of the banter. By banter I mean the talk that goes on aside from the car talk. Many people visit forums for information that is car specific but stick around to 'shoot the breeze' with people who have shared interests.

With this in mind, I'm make two suggestions -

1) why don't the C1/C2 owners use the non-car areas more often and enjoy more non-car chat?

2) could we have a 'bar' (general chat) area within the C1/C2 forum for us to post off-topic stuff and generally natter about things other than the C1/C2?

Just my 2-cents. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom