Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

why dont C6 guys wave..?

I wave at every vette no exceptions, but I have noticed that maybe half wave back. I dont get frustrated, they will catch on.

:w
Seem to me that the wave is another lost marketing idea.
Save the wave would be a great marketing idea to gain attention to all Vettes.
But they dont even advertise the "nasty" polluter owned by irresponsible earth / polar bear killers.;shrug

the wave-

We wave which ever Corvette we are driving- the C3, C5 or the C6- sometimes forget I'm in the truck and even wave then-

CruisinAroundtheMt.jpg

I always wave. If I have enough time, I give 'em a wink too when I'm in the C3. My '81 has a lazy headlight and I can get the driver's light to come up and go down before the passenger light knows what's going on.

:w
Seem to me that the wave is another lost marketing idea.
Save the wave would be a great marketing idea to gain attention to all Vettes.
But they dont even advertise the "nasty" polluter owned by irresponsible earth / polar bear killers.;shrug
:eyerole

Actually, I have been "wave-snubbed" several times by people in more vintage Vettes, like having a new one hasn't given me the right to receive the wave from them. Almost like I haven't yet earned my "stripes".....

Dennis :beer

Actually, I have been "wave-snubbed" several times by people in more vintage Vettes, like having a new one hasn't given me the right to receive the wave from them. Almost like I haven't yet earned my "stripes".....

Dennis :beer

I have witnessed the same thing....all well, I suppose I could have bought a C2 first, which I almost did ('66 fastback) and then maybe they would wave...but having an older car more pre-disposed to leaving me walking....I wanted to take long road trips in it....a C2 is not one to walk off sitting on side of road waiting for wrecker service. Besides, no C2 or C's 1-5 would offer me what my '09 did....one owner....(meaning I'm only person whose owned fob):D

I wave at all Vettes, but every once in a while I might miss one because I am in heavy traffic :w

Ya know I have thought about this thread over the last few days, and I always wave to any and every Vette I see. I have been blown off at least 20 times in the last week by C3,C4,C5 and C6s. I guess the wave if not dead is definitely hurting in Colorado Springs. I however will still wave. Maybe it has something to do with the stealthy Cyber Gray on my 09???????

I'm new to the Corvette family,drive a C6Z,and wave at all Vettes.I used to drive older CJ Jeeps, we always gave the wave to each other.Then came the YJ Jeep, the wave stopped at them.My theory is, most C6 owners ,like YJ's are new owners and not familiar with the camaraderie. I personally will carry on with the tradition.

:beer

I'm new to the Corvette family,drive a C6Z,and wave at all Vettes............. most C6 owners are new owners and not familiar with the camaraderie. I personally will carry on with the tradition.

:beer

And that's the best attitude, really... wave - if you get a return, fine, if not, at least you've honored the tradition. That's my attitude as well. :thumb

And BTW.... :welcome

:wJane Ann

Welcome 08Z0666. You'll love it here.

I always wave. Gave one to a C4 on an unusually warm day up here in New England but got nothing back. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I was in my truck at the time. :boogie

Hope I didn't break the rules. :w

c6 wave?

Waving hand is kept over wallet to keep wife from getting at it?:chuckle

Many are first time Vette owners and are unaware of "the wave." Keep waving, they'll figure it out some day.

Most never owned a Corvette before, like tuna said 'first time owner".... really too bad not knowing Corvette history and the Wave. GM should include a reference in owners manual.

Most never owned a Corvette before, like tuna said 'first time owner".... really too bad not knowing Corvette history and the Wave. GM should include a reference in owners manual.
:wWell said ---I agree. It's a matter of education.
BUT so many are so into themselves that dont even know that there is another Vette out there.:boogie

:wWell said ---I agree. It's a matter of education.
BUT so many are so into themselves that dont even know that there is another Vette out there.:boogie
I hate to say it..... but that's so true. Those guy's give Corvette a bad rep. Save the Wave. "I call them as I see them" >George :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom