Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

why dont C6 guys wave..?

I got the wave from a C6 yest in VA Beach. Today I got the wave from a C2 Vert, a C4 Vert, and a C5 coupe. We be waving in Virginia Beach.

Wave at what??

No, I am just kidding! Why C6 drivers don't wave depends on many things. Many C6s are probably owned by people who don't know about the wave. Maybe this is their first Vette. If enough others wave they might start to understand. It is up to others who know to educate those who don't.

I know I have missed a few. It all depends on what I am paying attention to at the time. If I am turning a corner chances are I might miss the wave if you are on the opposite side of my turn or cars get in the line of sight.

I was out on Saturday and got several waves. Gave many in return.

I got the wave from a C6 yest in VA Beach. Today I got the wave from a C2 Vert, a C4 Vert, and a C5 coupe. We be waving in Virginia Beach.

i was the green C4..:w.you had yer left turn signal on..
i understand that is leagle in florida
they call it
"eventual left turn"

I wave!

Many are first time Vette owners and are unaware of "the wave." Keep waving, they'll figure it out some day.

i was the green C4..:w.you had yer left turn signal on..
i understand that is leagle in florida
they call it
"eventual left turn"

Are we even in the same city, your profile says LA?

i ment that as ridiculous humor...quite common here it seems..lol
:w

I was pretty sure that u were just messing around, but wanted to make sure...I try to make sure I give the :wto every vette I see no matter what. Corvettes and Harleys, I always give em the :wand most times get one in return...

I was pretty sure that u were just messing around, but wanted to make sure...I try to make sure I give the :wto every vette I see no matter what. Corvettes and Harleys, I always give em the :wand most times get one in return...

yes,,most of em do..
i feel sorry for the Harleys on the desert..
i paid a lot dues back in the day , to ride my ole chopper..and look cool
but today..i like air conditioning, and bottled water while i move:w
and im still cool...lol:cool

As others have said, for many it's their first vette and they simply don't know about the heritage.
For others, they simply buy it as a show piece and have no interest in the heritage. To them, they were cross-shoppings Vettes, BMW, Porchse, etc. They don't know about the wave and don't care.

This question comes up with every new generation since at least the C4's that I can recall. And the suggestion is always put forth that Chevy ought to at least include with every vette a little pamphlet talking about it's history and the history of "the wave". But they don't.
It also gets suggested that the salesman should make them aware of it, but then ya figure that most salesman probably don't know about it unless they are a dealer that somewhat specializes in vettes. And even then...;shrug

We had this same debate when C5's were new. Why dont the C5 guys wave!?!?!?

Actually, I think C6 guys are better at waving than the C5 guys ever were (are? :)). I know I wave at all the 'Vette's I see. I've even waved while drving my DD.

:thumb Jason

I wave too! If I'm in front of a Corvette, I'll "wiggle my hips" too! (The car's hips, not mine!) Unless there's a honey driving!:boogie

I've been driiving C6's since 2005 and wave or at least flash my lights at passing Vettes. :w

Zippy :w at you now!

My windows are usually rolled up. I wave, but maybe you can't see me.;LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom