Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

With Viper splitting from Dodge, should Corvette have separated from Chevy?

With Viper splitting from Dodge, should Corvette separate from Chevrolet? Why or why not?

• Yes

Votes: 51 14.7%
  • No

Votes: 287 82.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 2.3%

• Total voters
probably not the point 2012zr1 was meaning to make

2012zr1 welcome to the CAC. Calling someone a moron is probably not a good way to start. I think you could have been a little more diplomatic. After all, none of us have had the extensive background that you have.;)

I read 2012zr1's post several times, and all I got from it was that a guy who claims to know the Corvettes and other GM products he sells better than most salespeople doesn't let any dealership work on his...

Hmmm

I read 2012zr1's post several times, and all I got from it was that a guy who claims to know the Corvettes and other GM products he sells better than most salespeople doesn't let any dealership work on his...

I'm sure you're right. Looking back over it I'm now sure that calling someone a moron is perfectly alright.;)

I'm sure you're right. Looking back over it I'm now sure that calling someone a moron is perfectly alright.;)

You are correct sir, I could have worded that better...Was not my intent to condone the name-calling.

I say no.Im afraid if that happens,even the so-called base Corvette would be out of the reach of most common man consumers. It wouldnt be unimaginable one day for the price of entry for the base car to be in the $70-80K range. Besides the Chevy dealers should keep the Vette as the halo car to attract buyers to other models as well. I know the current model Camaro is firecracker hot right now, but their other models needs to sell as well. I think to separate the Corvette from where they are now would be a bad idea.;squint:

derek smith

who wants to buy an obama corvette - i certainly will not

who wants to buy an obama corvette - i certainly will not

Hello Derek, and welcome to the CAC. :)

This is your only post. Just for my own curiosity, have you ever owned a Corvette? If not then the Viper or Mustang Forums may be better suited to you. :D
:w
Have a nice day.

Hello Derek, and welcome to the CAC. :)

This is your only post. Just for my own curiosity, have you ever owned a Corvette? If not then the Viper or Mustang Forums may be better suited to you. :D
:w
Have a nice day.

:thumb :beer

Obama Corvette, Obama Volt, Government Motors - I didn't know he had time to be involved, but I like his 2 new Cadillac models, and he did a nice job on the 2013 Impala. Amazing!

Can't wait to see what the new C7 Obama vette from Government Motors looks like, So far, the past 3 model years have been great! :D

i10fwy

Can't wait to see what the new C7 Obama vette from Government Motors looks like, So far, the past 3 model years have been great! :D

i10fwy

Is he designing Vettes now? I thought he'd rest after coming up with the Volt. He needs to hurry up - the Silverado is getting long of tooth. :upthumbs

Yikes

Anyone read this months Car & Driver? Feature is the 2013 Viper GTS. Pure fast...pure beatiful.

Fear of Change

I have read all of the post and especially noted all the comments that stated fears of what would happen if Chevy and Corvette were separated. Frankly, I think all the fears are unfounded. It's already kind of hard to find anything labeled "Chevrolet" on a Corvette outside of the owners manual, and to think that they would have to be marketed and sold at independent, separate dealerships is absurd (they could be, but since it is such a special market, that only might make sense in a large metropolis). I could easily see it happening, and Corvettes still sold at Chevy dealers, or any other GM dealer that want to also feature it. And as far as a buyer knowing more than a salesman, I doubt that changes, except if a market is big enough for a Corvette only dealership, they might become more knowledgeable don't ya think? Other than taking the Chevy name off of the owner's manual, I don't see anything that has to change other than Corvette would not be associated with what is perhaps the least expensive brand of GM - and Corvette certainly doesn't fit that mantra! It could be separated and most people wouldn't even notice.

It's not fear for me. I just prefer that Corvette remain Chevy. That's just me. I've owned Chevy's my entire life and I'm getting up in years, so I've owned many Chevy's. I prefer Chevy over other brands. It's just that simple for me. I will still love the Corvette no matter what happens.

It's not fear for me. I just prefer that Corvette remain Chevy. That's just me. I've owned Chevy's my entire life and I'm getting up in years, so I've owned many Chevy's. I prefer Chevy over other brands. It's just that simple for me. I will still love the Corvette no matter what happens.

Understand your point of view and have no issue with it. Never been a big Chevy man myself except for Corvette so separation would not affect me like that. I doubt it will make any difference one way or another, if one is a die hard Corvette fan, no one is going to quit buying them because they are or are not Chevy's anymore.

I have three Chevys in the garage, but I'd love to deal with a Caddy dealer for Vette sales and service. Corvette shouldn't be taken from Chevy, but it would be nice to have a choice of dealers. My best buying and service experiences have been with Caddy dealers.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom