Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Z06 12-CD Changer installation parts

Duntov7

Corvette
2014 C7 Z51 SILVER/RED
Sorry to bring-up a subject that has likely been already answered, but can anyone help with info and Part Numbers for the installation of a C5 Delco 12-CD Changer into the trunk floor of the 2001 Z06? i.e Delco P/N...harnesses P/N etc, and any helpful hints or 'no-nos'. Appreciated.....

I got mine from GMpartsdirect.com,

Part No. 12495746 CD Changer $299.40
12497876 Installation Kit $72.00 (new PN)
Shipping & Handling $ 66.85

Total $438.25

I have done two so far, mine and a new found ZO6 friend's.
Took me about 2 1/2 hours for mine, took about 2 to do his.

The two pop rivets supplied with the kit that are to go in the top holes are too long, they bottom out on the rear frame cross member. I used shorter rivets, everything else went together very easily. Make sure you run the wiring harness just as explained, from rear to front, otherwise the large connector that plugs into the CD Changer won't fit under the seat belt retractor. You will see what I mean when you get the kit, and look at the difference in the sizes of the two connectors. Also, don't use paper labels on CDs if you burn your own, they cause the CD to drag when playing sometimes, this causes the CD to stop playing. Oh, one last item not covered in the CD Changer manual, the radio number 5 button changes cds.
If you have more questions, ask away.
vettepilot

Thanks vettepilot for the comprehensive information re the Z06 12-CD Changer parts and installation. Much appreciated.........

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom