Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1970 LT-1 on Ebay - Wow!

Crap. Time to up the insurance again. . . ;)

Wow...I guess I stole mine.

I thought this was a lot of money for a coupe, low mileage original or not.
Maybe it was the fact that Reggie Jackson was a previous owner - he's a real corvette aficianodo. I've seen some of his cars over the years and they've always been first class, although I wouldn't expect anything less.

It's nice to see these cars with strong pricing. They never really took off like I thought they would - such limited production and high horsepower to displacement. Mine has 64K original miles on it with a frame off restoration. Maybe one day it will be worth what I have put into it.

It's nice to see these cars with strong pricing. They never really took off like I thought they would - such limited production and high horsepower to displacement.

I agree. I had my '71 LT-1 vert from 1993 until last March when I sold it. These cars were repeatedly listed as one of "The Hot Five, Top 10, Next Big Thing", whatever, throughout the time I owned it. That never happened. Of course, now that I've sold it, it happens. :hb If anyone anyone wants to know what a great car to invest in would be, buy what I'm selling. Story of my life. Won't even tell you about the '69 Camaro I sold 3 years ago. :L

Rich

Apparently it didn't sell. Reserve was not met. It might be interesting to learn how this one survived. There was a fire in Reggie Jackson's warehouse a few years back and he lost a lot of cars.

:)

No, it didn't sell. The guy that was selling was a collector that owned it for the last 16 years, I believe. Reggie had been a previous owner, but it didn't say when.

What is with that paint color? Is that original? I sure don't recall that in the 70 color charts.

Marlboro Maroon...yes, it was an original color option for the 1970 corvette.

$54,100 and you don't get leather seats and A/C. What has this hobby come to?

LOL.
Super nice car but $54,100 is all the money plus for it. I wonder what the reserve was? Obviously someone trying to cash out. The only place that car will bring that money would be Barrett Jackson. All you have to do is put Reggie's smiling face in the window and you can add $30K to the value at BJ. Go figure.

There was some fast action late in the bidding. Small increments, but there were several people bidding on it. I would think people were bidding that high due to originality, because the car didn't look like much from the pictures.

A yellow, 1971 LT-1 convertible w/excellent documentation just sold on BJ for $100K.

...just noting the color - YELLOW! :D
That thing was NICE! I LOVED that color (and Ontario Orange) when I was a kid....well before I had class or taste! :L

A yellow, 1971 LT-1 convertible w/excellent documentation just sold on BJ for $100K.

Damn. I haven't even called the insurance company yet and I've got to up the agreed value by more? Yikes.

Original '72 LT-1 Air Coupe w/all options and all docs (window sticker, tank sticker, protect-o plate, etc.) in good driver condition - really needs a frame off but can live like this indefinately. 108K documented original miles.

What do you think I could get for her at BJ?

I think it would all depend on what day they decide to put your car on the blocks. According to something I saw on the tube today, BJ determines what day/time you car is shown so that they can have the appropriate bidders and TV available. In other words, if you car is impeccable, and it's going to put LOTSA cash into Craig's pocket, it'll be shown on Saturday or Sunday.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom