Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Blue Devil in a Red Dress

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Blue Devil in a Red Dress

Text by Andreas Conradt and Brian Potter
Copyright by AUTOMEDIA
edited May 24, 2007

The long-anticipated "Blue Devil" Corvette, also referred to as the SS, is in its final development stages and was just caught sporting a bright red paint job. This will be the hottest Corvette ever and will be pitted against such super-sports cars as the Porsche Carrera GT and Ferrari's.

Blue Devil appears to be living up to the earlier hype. Our spy photographers have said the car sounds supercharged, acknowledging previous reports from other publications the engine is likely a blown version of the Z06’s 7.0-liter V8, producing upwards of 600 bhp. Look for lightweight carbon fiber body parts to reduce weight.We hear 2005 Le Mans class winner Jan Magnussen is turning faster-than-Z06 laps in the Blue Devil at Nürburgring.

Pricing will likely start somewhere around 100,000 US-Dollars when the car makes production in 2008. There won’t be any official exports of the car to Europe.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Those pictures don't seem to depict the same front-side ducts at the blue car spy shots. :confused
Although it does appear to be the same car as shown in Popular Mechanics, which is sporting MFG plates...

I agree the side ducts seem to be bigger and go farther into the door. It also has the RF rear spoiler.

I agree the side ducts seem to be bigger and go farther into the door. It also has the RF rear spoiler.

The rear spoiler seems to be similar to the fellows z06's spoiler. The bulging front louvers would be very daunting. Good job so far.:upthumbs

Mind Boggling for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This weekend my cousin took me for a run in his C6 Z06 and all that l can say was it was awesome. It made my C5 feel like a Yugo!

In fact it made me a little nervous but it was saome rush!

I can't wait to get into the Blue Devil! The only problem is that where l live there is no place to play.

Alan:beer

PS What's next a vette dragster???

Why not an aluminum big block natural V8? If an enlarged natural small block 5.7 L to 7.0 L and 505 Hp, then why not an enlarged big block 7.0 L to say 8.5 L? 625 hp?

Because that would take a new block design. There really is not much material left between the cylinders on the 7.0 block

This month's issue of Automobile Magazine reports that the SS will use a blown version of the new 6.2 litre LS3 motor that's going in the standard '08 cars and will reportedly put out 650hp.

Automobile's got it right.
The supercharged Gen 4 is a 6.2 not a 7.0.

Those pictures don't seem to depict the same front-side ducts at the blue car spy shots. :confused
Although it does appear to be the same car as shown in Popular Mechanics, which is sporting MFG plates...

Hey MaineShark,

I think I'd keep that info to myself. Ten years ago you could brag about that but today with the way things are, if the "right people" catch wind of your ability to so easly make a weapon of mass distruction, you just might get a nock on your door.

Hey MaineShark,

I think I'd keep that info to myself. Ten years ago you could brag about that but today with the way things are, if the "right people" catch wind of your ability to so easly make a weapon of mass distruction, you just might get a nock on your door.
Redvette777, that quote is part of my auto-signature. That shows up an all my posts where I've included my signature.
I liked the quote so much that I thought I'd lug it around with me. :L

Redvette777, that quote is part of my auto-signature. That shows up an all my posts where I've included my signature.
I liked the quote so much that I thought I'd lug it around with me. :L

Cool :cool

Hey MaineShark,

The "right people" saw that the first time he used it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom