Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

$1200 to spend - what exhaust system?

lobobuzz

Corvette
1996 Arctic White Coupe
I have budgeted $1200 for a new C4 exhaust system (cat-back). I've heard really good things about the Power Effects system. I'm wanting a street legal setup with that tuned sound that really rumbles.

I would appreciate your opinions, brands, websites yada yada yada.

Thanks all!

~lobo

Just get some straight pipes. And spend the rest at your local massage parlor:Buttslap:dancenaughty:drool:

Hey Nelson84, we all believe in putting your best foot forward...but why not show your face????

Nelson I think you should change your avatar, it doesn't belong on this site.
Barrett

If you want loud then either the Power Effects or the Billy Boat exhausts are the way to go.

Not sure what is out there by way of headers for the LT1, but that it what I would look for. I put TPIS long tubes on my 383, and 3" exhaust. I am running Dynamax ultra flow mufflers. Car sounds really good. I have a little resonance around 2k rpms or so, but otherwise very good sounding.

Barrett

I think you should change your attitude. If it bothers you don't look at it. I have had many compliments from other members and some nice PM's. Corvettes and ladies go together like bread and butter:Buttslap:dancenaughty:naughty:

Barrett

I think you should change your attitude. If it bothers you don't look at it. I have had many compliments from other members and some nice PM's. Corvettes and ladies go together like bread and butter:Buttslap:dancenaughty:naughty:

Nelson, let me clear up a couple of things:
if you're willing to receive compliments and PMs congratulating you on your avatar, you should understand you're going to receive complaints about it also. Red Vette has just as much right to express his opinion as you do. If you don't like a member's comments you can put them on your ignore list just as easily as they can put you on their's.
since your avatar is cropped to exclude the subject's face there are some that feel it objectifies women, thus being disrespectful in nature. It is unfortunate that this is going to generate some controversy at times, but if everyone will try to keep their emotions in check, we'll take it in stride.

You seem to expect more tolerance from others than you're willing to give. That is neither reasonable nor realistic.

Now to get back on topic:

Lobo - here's a link to the Billy Boat website, C4 page: C4 Corvette Exhaust Applications from Billy Boat Performance Exhaust

They have sound files for listening to the different setups available for the C5 (I have the B&B Route 66 system on my C5) but I don't see anything for C4s.
Also, you may want to send a PM to CAC member JEFNLSA. If his system sounds as good as it looks, he can probably give you a great deal of advice and suggestions. Good luck with your search!

:wJane Ann

I have budgeted $1200 for a new C4 exhaust system (cat-back). I've heard really good things about the Power Effects system. I'm wanting a street legal setup with that tuned sound that really rumbles.

I would appreciate your opinions, brands, websites yada yada yada.

Thanks all!

~lobo

I just noticed you are in Carmel, IN. I'm up here in Osceola (mishawaka) area, about 2 miles from Penn High school!

I don't complain about anybodies avatar, its a free country. She goes to the beach wearing that out fit so whats the big deal. Why does anyone need to see her face. I don't post pictures of myself, it is not required. I can't help it if we are attractive people.

Anyways back to the topic, I wish others would stay on topic also. I have B & B exhaust on my 85 vette. I consider it the top exhaust system, it looks the best, sounds the best and it is stainless steel. And makes a good vroom vroom sound.

Personal attacks and call outs should not be done in someone elses thread. Lets keep this thread on topic so lobobuzz can get the advice he wants.

Thanks guys.

Stay far away from your "third choice"! OVERPRICED and way under engineered! AND for all that money you get teh customer (no) service you have grown to know and love from teh cruise lines, cable tv, credit card companies AND the IRS!

Personal attacks and call outs should not be done in someone elses thread. Lets keep this thread on topic so lobobuzz can get the advice he wants.

Thanks guys.

Damn rights!!! Comments should only be posted on the subject of the thread, not personal attacks on the way someone looks or how someones car looks.

You go moderator!!!:thumb

I just noticed you are in Carmel, IN. I'm up here in Osceola (mishawaka) area, about 2 miles from Penn High school!

Hey vetteboy. Nice to see another Hoosier. :) BTW, I grew up in South Bend. My patental units still live up there and I get back once or twice for a ND game every year.

I will say that I loved the Corsa I had on my 94. Nice and quiet at cruise, but darn sure a whail at WOT.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom