Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

1963 Trim Plate Decode

Corvette
2016 C7.R Z06 "ROSA" - black 'Vert w/yellow accent
Folks,

I have been corresponding with a sales person at ProTeam. He provided me with the following info from the trim plate and looking for some help on decode:

Build date: K-2
Tag body: #9728
Body Style: 63-837 (know this is a1963 coupe!)
Paint code: #900A (know this is Tuxedo Black!)
Trim code: #490C

Thanks in advance for your help.

FYI - this trim plate data is from a 1963 Z06 - one of three ProTeam has in stock. I will be looking at this car at the end of July if they still have it.

K-2 is the second week of July, 1963 (1963-only code), matches up with the VIN; late car - '63 production ended 8/7. 9,728th coupe body built. 490C Trim is Red Vinyl.

John,

thanks for the response! things are looking better and better as I contemplate this 1963 Z06. the VIN, the trim plate, engine stampings, etc. etc. are all looking good.
truth will be in the pudding when I actually look at the car in person, rather than looking at pictures! (VBG)

Rick,

Is this the one they have advertised in Corvette and Chevy Trader as under restoration? I'm only about 45 minutes from them if you need anyone to varify anything first hand..

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the offer! If you need something to do, wouldn't mind someone giving me a bird's eye view (VBG).

They actually have three (3) Z06's in stock. They have a saddle/saddle that is under restoration, a Tuxedo Black/saddle (Big tank), and then the one I am interested in is a Tuxedo Black/red. All numbers that they have provided me have checked out.

FYI - I plan on visiting on my way to Minnesota at the end of July. Already have an appointment set.

I would be glad to look over the car with you when you pass through if our schedules permit. Sometimes two sets of eyes are better than one. Might be able to take a look earlier if there is something in paticular that you want checked.

Tom

Thanks for the info. Plan on looking at the car in question on Friday, July 26 with Brian Hays, the sales person I have been chatting with via e-mail. I plan on being at their doorstep when they open.

Imagine that. I'll be on Thursdays and Fridays off by then. We have a member here that is the original owner of his 1963 ZO6 Corvette. Check out his web site for the full story. You might give ZO6vett an email and ask him about specific things to look at to varify the authenticity of the car. I'm sure he would be happy to help.

Tom

thanks for the info! will send an email today and pick his brains! never hurts to have all the ammunition

Tom,

went to the web site - had been there before and read the story - I tried to contact David then and the email address
was no good.

just tried again today and got the email returned from AOL as user unknown. sure would love to get any advice I could from someone who has had a 1963 Z06 from day 1!

Tom,

nope, clicked on the link that said "email me" or something like that. will try the link you just listed. thanks again!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom