Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 C7 Beautiful Poll

2014 Corvette Stingray C7 poll

• I love the new 2014 Stingray

Votes: 54 38.0%
  • The new design is awesome once the shock wears off

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • I really like some elements of the new Stingray but dislike others

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • My impression of the new design is mixed; some good, some bad

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Overall I'm disappointed in the new Stingray but still like some elements

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • What were they thinking?

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A baseless comment.

What are you thinking?

Put on your glasses

Go back and take a real hard look at the XLR, and then tell us that the C7 couldn't easily pass for a newer version of it.

Why can't they just paint the visual noise as you call it, the body color so it just blends in....that's what I would do...its all functional stuff. Or for us Chrome dinasours we can get it all chromed.....oh yeah.....:happyanim:

I know you joke about being a chrome dinosaur, but your GS is drop-dead gorgeous with just those chrome wheels on it...

As to the rest, I think you're right. Painting almost all of the "noisy" stuff would make a huge dent in the ugly, for sure...since the basic silhouette of the car isn't bad at all. The one area where I'm not too sure if it would work would be around the tail lights. The tail lights appear to have been sized to look proportional with the black "eye makeup" surrounding them. If you remove that eye makeup, I'm afraid that the smaller inner lights will look too small. They'd get lost on that huge, flat fascia. Perhaps if you could replace the inner lights with another set of the larger outer lights, then all of the tail lights would look more proportional without the black surrounds. Also, the rear diffuser wouldn't need to be completely painted, either. Some of the lower edge could remain black...maybe the lower third or so. I'd bet big money that we'll be seeing many variations on diffuser paint/mods, and fairly quickly, too...

Last edited:
Go back and take a real hard look at the XLR, and then tell us that the C7 couldn't easily pass for a newer version of it.

I know you joke about being a chrome dinosaur, but your GS is drop-dead gorgeous with just those chrome wheels on it...

As to the rest, I think you're right. Painting almost all of the "noisy" stuff would make a huge dent in the ugly, for sure...since the basic silhouette of the car isn't bad at all. The one area where I'm not too sure if it would work would be around the tail lights. The tail lights appear to have been sized to look proportional with the black "eye makeup" surrounding them. If you remove that eye makeup, I'm afraid that the smaller inner lights will look too small. They'd get lost on that huge, flat fascia. Perhaps if you could replace the inner lights with another set of the larger outer lights, then all of the tail lights would look more proportional without the black surrounds. Also, the rear diffuser wouldn't need to be completely painted, either. Some of the lower edge could remain black...maybe the lower third or so. I'd bet big money that we'll be seeing many variations on diffuser paint/mods, and fairly quickly, too...

Thanks for the complement and I realize there are times when just enough shiny is all you need. Of course all bets are off when it comes to my Harley....:D I don't think we should ever underestemate the power of the aftermarket. As I posted somewhere else there are big things going on right now in their world as they scramble to get moving on stuff we the people will demand. Maybe even a plug and play new set of round taillights.

The darker grey car they had there looks better then the red one with all the black stuff standing out but there are a lot of people who like the blacked out wheels and such....wait I have more......I had a 90 C4 that was Charcoal metallic only around 878 of them were that color out of 23K cars sold. It was a great color along with tinted windows....I posted a pic of it somewhere but I forget where. One of the reasons I liked it was because it hid that mid body beltline of black that ran around the car. It blended in with the dark paint. There will be options on the C7 to make it whatever you want I'm sure....lots of them.

He's just here to troll. Stir shit up just for the sake of doing do. He has no intent of contributing anything positive in nature. Trolls normally go away once they get bored with being ignored. So we encourage our members not to feed the trolls. And if the trolls don't go away on their own, then we the Moderators/Administrators will step in. :thumb

Trolling for a Response?

Copy that. Thx.

Thanks for the complement and I realize there are times when just enough shiny is all you need. Of course all bets are off when it comes to my Harley....:D I don't think we should ever underestemate the power of the aftermarket. As I posted somewhere else there are big things going on right now in their world as they scramble to get moving on stuff we the people will demand. Maybe even a plug and play new set of round taillights.

The darker grey car they had there looks better then the red one with all the black stuff standing out but there are a lot of people who like the blacked out wheels and such....wait I have more......I had a 90 C4 that was Charcoal metallic only around 878 of them were that color out of 23K cars sold. It was a great color along with tinted windows....I posted a pic of it somewhere but I forget where. One of the reasons I liked it was because it hid that mid body beltline of black that ran around the car. It blended in with the dark paint. There will be options on the C7 to make it whatever you want I'm sure....lots of them.

Black wheels look good with certain darker colors. Not sure about red though.

IMG_7192.jpg

2945924321.jpg

Just got back from the C7 Reveal in Detroit and could hardly wait to see what was on the web. Not disappointed. The new Corvette is here, let the bitchin begin. First, the car is drop dead gorgeous from all angles. Everything "stuck on it" has a purpose. All vents are functional and anything done to the outside shape by aftermarket tweaks is only going to screw it up. So, be careful. Now, to comment on previous posts, that garish color it was shown in was Torch Red. One of the most popular colors in rececnt Corvette history. That stupid little Stingray emblem first appeared on the 1959 Stingray racer and several concept cars after that. Nothing new there, just Corvette history once again. Quit drinking the Kool Aid and go to the Chevrolet website and look at the back end of the Camaro. Better yet, print it out and print out the back end of the C7. Overlay them and tell me what is common with them. Oh yeah, they're both red. I did just that and guess what, not a line matched up. I guess I wasn't born with Camaro eyeballs. I heard all this before on the C4, C5, and C6 and now they are all great. Of course, I am biased. I never met a Corvette I didn't like. As long as it is chasing every other make off the track, put it in shoebox. If that is what they did this time, it is one beutiful shoebox. Make mine Torch Red.

Is that a picture of the new Corvette in the backround of the last picture (in green)? LOL

Is that a picture of the new Corvette in the backround of the last picture (in green)? LOL

No...that photo was taken in 2011.

I'll play along. Good eye.

It's a Camaro. At that distance it does have a faint resembalance to the new C7. I hope thy don't offer it in that color.

Gotta say: The more I look at this C7 the more I like it.

I thought about that too. But I don't think it will make a big difference in the blindspot... The split window would be worse, same reason they shut it down. I did love the wrap around glass, but it looks like they killed that off and the round tail lights with better results than when they killed the hide away head lights.
It could make a HUGE difference! I got rid of my beloved VW-CC after less than a year because of the A-pillar/mirror blind spots... after almost hitting pedestrians three times!

,,,and anything done to the outside shape by aftermarket tweaks is only going to screw it up. So, be careful.
The mouth is ugly, but double the number of teeth in the grille and it would beautifully harken back to the best looking Vette ever - the 56-57!

Do your research before assuming and posting nonsense!...

For your information, the new C7 has a removable targa roof, Ok??...and if you don't like the new evolutionary, futuristic tail lights, don't but it!...it's as simple as that!....I personally LOVE the whole car and I'm looking forward to purchasing it. It will be my first brand-new Corvette ever!
:madCall me old fashioned, but why didn't they retain the targa roof? And those tail lights have to go. If I wanted a Camero, I would have bought one. Very disappointed.

For your information, the new C7 has a removable targa roof, Ok??...and if you don't like the new evolutionary, futuristic tail lights, don't but it!...it's as simple as that!....I personally LOVE the whole car and I'm looking forward to purchasing it. It will be my first brand-new Corvette ever!
Can you not be happy until everyone agrees with you? Just checking...

No, not a real joke but a real masterpiece!...

You're the one that's a real joke!...you need to calm down and take a swig of Jack Daniel's to relax a little bit or you're going to suffer a stroke as a result of all your hate & anger towards the new 2014 C7 Stingray!!!...I think it looks AWESOME and AMAZING with it's new FUTURISTIC DESIGN!!!...it was time for a change, and the new C7 is a BREATH OF FRESH AIR!!!
:eyerole
:beer
This 2014 Model looks like a mish-mush of five other jap cars.

Looks like Chevy want to close out the Vette by the looks of this model.

I am sure that it will be over priced too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True Corvette Lovers will think this car is a real joke!!!!

A good friend of mine was at the show (B-J) and got an up close look at it. He said the car is absolutely beautiful in person. He hated the tail lights when he saw the car unveiled last week in Detroit, but after seeing them up close he loved them. He told me he's definitely buying one next year.

This guy is only about 35 years old and he's crazy about cars.

I wonder what the schedule is for updating the configurator on Chevrolet's website...

You can't judge it by pictures. As soon as I saw it in person I liked it. I just wish they would have let me sit in it!

Ratio of people who love the C7 vs those who hate the 2014 Stingray seems to remain steadily 2 to 1... Just saying... ;)

-Mac

These polls always become troll infested if they last long enough. Some people would argue the point forever because they feed off prolonged public dispute or debat.

The C7 is acceptable tail lights and all. I was on the fence at first but now I truly like it.

I'll see it in a few weeks in the Kansas City Auto Show.

When will I buy? As I said eariler in a couple years. It's been a positive experience, for me, to wait a few years till they get a totally new design shook out. The Z06 and convertable should be killer. Worth waiting for.

Probably be my last one as I am a old silver haired fox that still like to look good, go fast and chase women. A good way to go out.

Enjoy life to the fullest. Keep the C6 if you don't like the C7. A cool looking Vette also and with the 427/505 you won't have to take a back seat to most competition at least till the C7 Z06 comes out.

When is the Kansas City show...? Is the car supposed to be there at it? I would like to come down and see it. thanks Marcus

I may have to make it back up for that weekend. Bartle Hall is a cool place for a car show.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom