Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

78-82...A Stingray in the un-informed public eye?

Is the 78-82 Corvette a Stingray?

• Yes, it can proudly be included to that title.

Votes: 28 29.5%
  • No, that name is for the reserved to the fine 69-77 corvettes.

Votes: 52 54.7%
  • Well kinda...or maybe not. It's a Sting-shark!

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Ask the Magic 8 ball. It knows all.

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
I agree with most people, i am happy notice the car (and usuall say something nice), but i WILL educate if they care.. Esp. on Collector Editions and the like.. Vette, C3, Shark, Sting Ray, Stingray. whatever, all are Vette's and thats what counts.. :v

well...since we're on the topic of name calling....i was wondering if it bothered anyone else like it does me when people address a vehicle wrong:mad :r ...i know a few people who like to call them 'Stingray Corvettes' like Corvette is a type of Stingray...maybe its me because im peculiar. Just wondering.

-Matt

well...since we're on the topic of name calling....i was wondering if it bothered anyone else like it does me when people address a vehicle wrong...i know a few people who like to call them 'Stingray Corvettes' like Corvette is a type of Stingray...maybe its me because im peculiar. Just wondering.
F-'em! I laugh at 'em as they drive away in their 4-cylinder P.O.S.
"Low-performance cars for low-performance minds!!!"

I was at a bday party/dinner a few days ago & the hostess (who was picking up the tab) told everyone I had a Stingray (got a 96 LT4).

I just smiled - not the time or place for a lecture on c1 to c6.

Originally posted by froggy47 I was at a bday party/dinner a few days ago & the hostess (who was picking up the tab) told everyone I had a Stingray (got a 96 LT4).

Hmmm....
'Hostess'...
THERE'S your problem....

froggy47 said:
I was at a bday party/dinner a few days ago & the hostess (who was picking up the tab) told everyone I had a Stingray (got a 96 LT4).

man, thats even worse... thats 20 years off!;LOL ;LOL

mine a 77 and my brothers is an 85 , to most people here both are stingrays..lol its just the uninformed public trying to communicate with us lol

Even if they are generations off, they are noting & complimenting you on having a special car. Cool.

I love my 1976 Stingray. :)

Eric76 said:
I love my 1976 Stingray. :)

Very nice:D :v
StingRay/Shark
Stingray
Shark
Vette
Corvette
Nice Car
Its all good!
Lifes to short, enjoy what Vette you have, or Vettes. :)

cj5nutz said:
thats a nice car , not seen those wheels in a long time ...

I know.... Think it's time for some new ones? ;shrug

Keep the rims, they're cool, very retro.:cool

I agree w/ your definition, however, to the unwashed masses all Corvettes are StingRays, the General just hit a big home run with that bit of marketing.

Sting Rays

The only true Sting Rays are C2's. 68 to 82 are Sharks. The rest don't matter.............

FYI -

If you look in a parts catalog for a replacement "Sting Ray" emblem and they list them for 63-65, then a slight change for the 66-67. Then you can get a "Stingray" for 68-76.

yes , if i am not mistaken they made the stingray till 75 , some of the 76 s got the emblem tooo ,if it wasn't a stingray , why would they have a stingray emblem ? ..

my 77 has the cross flags..

as long as its a corvette , i love it..

Stingray

My 73 said STINGRAY on the side of it as I recall. I heard it was the last year the car had that logo on it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom