Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Threads We Never Need Again

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Folks,

At the risk of sounding glib, I need to get this issue off my chest. All too frequently we see threads on the C5 forum that are just amazing. Here's a few examples (and you are welcome to add some that you love as well):
  1. What oil do you use?
  2. My C5 water temp is 225 - what's wrong?
  3. Which oil filter is the best?
  4. I hate "run flats" what should I replace them with?
Remo:cool

How about steering column lock?
Rocking seats?
Which weight Mobile 1?
What wax is best?

I could go on for quite a while.

Unfortunately, I have asked all those same questions myself.

Guys, I hate to be the devils advocate here but those threads are needed in some ways because new products come out.

Being that I am still in the midst of tuning all the little inconveniences out of my C5, I disagree with the column lock and seat slide catagories. It would be nice if they were all lumped into a folder that covers the posts so that they could be located instead of using the search engine. That way, new posters could access old posts faster and not ask the same question over again.Pete.

wishuwerehere82 said:
Being that I am still in the midst of tuning all the little inconveniences out of my C5, I disagree with the column lock and seat slide catagories. It would be nice if they were all lumped into a folder that covers the posts so that they could be located instead of using the search engine. That way, new posters could access old posts faster and not ask the same question over again.Pete.

I think they were saying these are the kind of threads they would like to see more of. I do agree with you though, I think there should be a folder to research old threads having to do with restoration, modification, and maintanance.

I guess that what I was saying is those threads are old hat if you have been around a while, but brand new if you are new to the forum. I have been around a while now, but I asked all those same questions when I was new. We need new people in here just to keep it interesting.

How about AAA or AA ;LOL.

We had a little more snow this morning so I'm sure Remo doubled up on his meds before starting this thread ;). I know there is one subject Remo is holding back on and I think it also had to do with snow :gap.

:w
Guy

"Yikes"

Guy said:
I know there is one subject Remo is holding back on and I think it also had to do with snow :gap.

:w
Guy

Please don't force me to go there. That subject is so bad, I get nauseated just thinking about it.

Oh Go On Remo............

Remo said:
Please don't force me to go there. That subject is so bad, I get nauseated just thinking about it.

Spill it, let's hear it, nothing you can say will shock us.:argue

Rowdy1 said:
Spill it, let's hear it, nothing you can say will shock us.:argue

OK Lou, you asked for it. The all time inane thread (and this one is not reserved to just C5 drivers) ...is:

Do you drive your Corvette in the winter?

At some point in these threads somebody starts pontificating about what an accomplished driver he is and that driving in snow and ice conditions is not an issue. Give me a break!

I'm in AU.

Alcoholics Unanimous. :beer

Saw the snow in Massachewsits and thought of Remo's trembling hands struggling with the kid proof medicine bottle cap. Such evil fate is undeserved even up there.

I'll get in on this:

"Automatic or Standard, which should I buy?"

How the heck are we suppose to know what that person likes???

I like standards, buy a standard, he/she likes auto, buy an auto!!

That one always gets to me!!

Chuck

imo...there's no such thing as too much information. a lot of new people haven't mastered the search feature yet, so you do see some of the same things over and over...but often there's a new twist and people have updated answers:) .

i know the "other forum" has a tendancy to flame the hell out of people if they ask something that's been asked before...i'd hate to see us go that way:ugh .

just my .02.:beer

cheers,

Absolutely sigshooter:

That's why I don't respond to those. I figured this is a great thread to vent about it.

We almost forgot "to CAGS or not to CAGS"....should GM choose when I shift or not!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Chuck

How about:
"What wax/polish do you use on your vette?" That usually brings out the zealots. :D

sigshooter said:
i'd hate to see us go that way:ugh .
That'll never happen. :)

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom