Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CORSA Touring...pros or cons?

I experience no drone or resonance at any speed. But soon as you touch the gas ... oh yeah ! What I like is that you don't have to mash the throttle every time you want to hear them. Just accelerate normally and you get that sweet muscle car sound ! :thumb

Thanks again Gang!

Well, my son and I drove to NJ to pick them up...of course it had to snow that day, so it's slowed us down and also made a real mess of the daily driver. We arrived at our meeting point, a Park N Ride, just off one of the I-80 exits and had hardly parked when, not one, but two local police cars decended upon us. Apparently we looked suspicious parked as far away from the other cars as we could be. After showing the requested documents, the questions led to why we were there. I don't think they believed us as I told them the seller of the exhaust would be meeting us in about 5 minutes. Well, 5 turned into 15 minutes and they parked about 50 feet away and watched us as we waited. Finally a car drove down one of the lanes and pulled next to us. We exchanged pleasantries, money and parts and left without incident. I was actually expecting to get stopped before I made it out of the lot. Aside from needing one Torca clamp, all is complete and in excellent condition...now, if only the garage will warm up enough to be able to work in it...6 degrees was too cold for this morn! Thanks again Gang, for all your input! :beer

You must just look like a bad guy! ;LOL

:boogie:boogie:boogie

Mild vs Wild

Rick,
I've got a couple of friends that have Corsa Touring systems on their Vettes and they sound nice. They're pretty quiet at idle and very little noise when cruising. I've never detected any drone but they do have a great sound at WOT.

The other end of the spectrum is what I'm running. Borla Stingers with Kooks long tube headers. Very agressive and pretty loud at any speed.
Remo:cool

Got the Corsa Sport Systems w/o the X pipe and I love them over the stock exhausts. They do gurgle somewhat when you let off, but sound great when you jump on it. No drone at. Only wish I could have got the deal you did. I was not aware that installing the X pipe vs the stock H pipe would stop the gurgling until I read this thread.
Question- if I do install the X pipe doesn't it become the Touring System as I notice that is about the only difference that I can see unless there is an actual difference in the muffler flow characteristics.

It is said, and I can't verify it one way or the other, that there are differences on the insides of the mufflers. The "Touring" version has another baffle which can be seen by looking into the inlet side of the muffler, the "Pace Car" version does not have this baffle. Again I can not verify this one way or the other, but it makes sense.

One thing about this forum...you're never let down...always someone there to help you!

Intoxicating sound

Thanks to the Corsa touring sound, the radio/CD doesn't get much use... the car itself is music to the ears.

Ok, so do you buy the touring, pacecar or extreme by Corsa.

If touring is not much difference over stock, why would I buy that one. I would like to buy the one that sounds most aggressive without drone.

Would I be correct then to say either pacecar or extreme as the ones I should get.

I like my pace cars. Very quiet inside but sounds awesome when you kick it in the tail. Also sounds much throatier at idle. I've never heard the extreme version. I'll let someone else chime in about those.

Ok, so do you buy the touring, pacecar or extreme by Corsa.

If touring is not much difference over stock, why would I buy that one. I would like to buy the one that sounds most aggressive without drone.

Would I be correct then to say either pacecar or extreme as the ones I should get.

There IS a significant difference beween stock and touring - and an even more sigificant difference between stock and pacecar. I am extremely happy with the touring, but of course to each his own; good luck with whatever choice you make!

Thanks

I guess I really need to hear the difference - if touring has a nice deep sound that would be ok as well. I guess from what I am reading, is none of them have drone.

Touring - a little louder than stock
pace car a little louder than touring
extreme - loud

IMHO the touring version has a beautiful "deep" sound. It IS definitely noticed at idle, and can be heard at least a half mile away at WOT...

The quiet cruise mode (i.e. not annoyingly intrusive over long hauls) is what works for me. Absolutely - hearing the different options for yourself is the route to take to ensure those future grins...

Thanks

I guess I really need to hear the difference - if touring has a nice deep sound that would be ok as well. I guess from what I am reading, is none of them have drone.

Touring - a little louder than stock
pace car a little louder than touring
extreme - loud

If you go to the Mid-America website, www.mamotorworks.com, click on the "Exhaust" category on the left hand side and it directs you to a page where you can listen to just about any make and model of any exhaust made for a Corvette. The Corsa one is extremely well done as it has idle, revving, sporty pass, etc. so you can hear all three versions doing the same thing. I think the Touring was recorded at a little lower volume than the other two, because I have them and they don't sound that quiet to me. IMHO.

I too labored over the touring or sport version. I went to the site and listened and the choice was made for me. I opted out for the sport package and I love it. Not too loud at idle, a very nice rumble, and jump on it and it sounds great. I have not encountered any drone as well. In fact I let my XM expire just to listen to the exhaust. There is some gurling when you let off the gas because of the h pipe. But I like that too. Good luck as to your choice. A plus is that it is easy to install yourself (if you can borrow a lift at a garage somewhere).

Well , after reading the posts and listening to some videos I think I will op for the touring.

Thanks for all the replys

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom