Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cost of an oil change at dealer?

This should be our biggest expense!

I will not cry over this but it tells you that if you have a real problem you better buckle in because it's going to be some ride ($$$)

Alan:beer

Tammy, Patrick,

Aren't you two amazed on how I've stayed out of this thread?

Amazed and just a bit suspicious, Remo, as though the other shoe has yet to drop. Your winter meds appear to have been effective so far, but the Groundhog's predictions aside, I still think we have several more weeks of winter. And if we get another poll from you about the best filters to use to have "wicked clean" oil, the dosage will be upped.
;squint:

:L
-Patrick

I think Remo's abundance of self control is because he's in his "happy place" with a set of brand new tires :D

Shopping always does it for me, too, Remo :L

Well, until you mentioned it, I thought I was paying too much at my (Corvette shop not Chevy dealer); it was also $96. Driveway is not paved and I have absolutely no room for ramps and a floor jack in the tiny garage :-( (or I would definitly do it myself).

I pay $40 + tax for the "high performance" oil change at my local Firestone. Plus I get a 5% discount if I use the Firestone card. AND...the mechanic that does my car (I do believe they fight over it!) owns a C4 so I know he's doing right by me. :)

I pay $40 + tax for the "high performance" oil change at my local Firestone. Plus I get a 5% discount if I use the Firestone card. AND...the mechanic that does my car (I do believe they fight over it!) owns a C4 so I know he's doing right by me. :)

Pinky,
Could you be a little more specific. How much are they charging you for:
  • (7) quarts of Mobil 1 or equivalent synthetic oil.
  • (1) PF-46 or equivalent filter
  • Labor
Remo:cool

Before I put away my C5 Convertible for the winter, I had the oil changed in October. The bill came to $54.95. They charged $6.00 per quart of oil, $4.67 for the filter and $14.28 for labor at the Chevrolet dealer here in Juneau. The first time I had it changed in September of 1999, it came to $47.20. :)

Had mine changed at the dealer and it was $65.00
For now on I will do what I do with my Blazer, I buy the Mobil 1 and filter at Walmart or Costco.
Then they charge me $16 to change the oil,discard it and grease.

Remo - they don't break it down. Or if they do I don't look at the bill. I usually wait for the "oil change special."

Plus with 5 cars in the family, we are their best customers, in the last year we've replaced 2 complete sets of tires (Toyota Tundra & Jeep Cherokee) and 2 sets of 2 tires (fronts on Ford Ranger and the Vette). They are just drooling over the Vette needing new back tires soon (as soon as I pay for the front ones!).

Well that IS with 4 drivers (2 of them males under age 25...don't even ASK about the insurance rates)!

My dealer charges $65 and oil change bay is right by the door. Betcha I watch the tech like a hawk!

My dealer charges $65 and oil change bay is right by the door. Betcha I watch the tech like a hawk!

My dealer has the same setup/pricing. Plus the service manager used to be my next door neighbor so I know HE'S watching them like a hawk to. If there's a problem I'd never let him live it down and he knows it.

I do miss living next door to him though. If I needed to take my car in for warranty work, he'd just switch cars with me for the day (he gets his choice of cars to drive, so 75% he'd swap me a Vette for a Vette, at worst I'd be stuck in a new Suburban).

Wow, $96, that's steep. My next oil change will be at the dealer and it will be free. :D It sounds like I got a great deal. The owner's manual for my '01 was misprinted, so I called Chevy and asked for a free replacement since, in my opinion, it's not too much to ask. They rejected that and directed me to where I could buy it (which I won't, I already have the PDF) and instead offered me a free oil change. Hmmm, $25 for a manual or $96 for an oil change, I think they made a bad deal. :L

My last oil change, before I put it away for the winter in December, was $68.75 at my local dealer. The oil was $54.75, but the labor was only $14. And for that, they lube and grease everything, check the belts, tire pressure, all fluid levels, etc.

They do it in the back, where you really can't see anything. However, I'm not too worried about them doing a good job - both the dealer and the service manager are members of the Corvette Club; he's also our sponsor. Can't bite the hand that feeds you now, can you?

I pay $40 + tax for the "high performance" oil change at my local Firestone. Plus I get a 5% discount if I use the Firestone card. :)

Well folks - Pinky is way ahead with this bargin basement price. Can anyone come close?

Well folks - Pinky is way ahead with this bargin basement price. Can anyone come close?

Not if you factor in the prorated price of those tires! I paid $395 EACH - plus tax, plus installation, plus a lifetime alignment, for the 2 fronts (GY run flats) :eek

Dealers here in Houston w/Mobil One about $65-$75

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom