Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer dropped my C5 off lift -- need advice

• Thread starter Thread starter TheBlueVette
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE='63split]You're welcome Dave!

We are very much looking forward to our cross country trip. We may even take our laptop and let people know how the trip is going along the way. We are planning the trip west sometime next summer, possibly in July. We are especially looking forward to visiting the Bay area. I flew out there 2 1/2 years ago to buy my '63 riverside red conv. It is one of the most beautiful areas we've ever visited.

Best Regards,
Mike & Ali[/QUOTE]
There's nothing quite like driving on the Coast Highway with the top down...

barnetdh said:
Please stop in and see us in beautiful Half Moon Bay. http://www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/half_moon_bay/ (BTW, this is not our house :D )
Book early and don't expect a discount. This is a wonderful place, but VERY pricy! :)

barnetdh said:
There's a 50th Anniversary convertible at Courtesy Chev. in San Jose with only 2,000 miles on it.
http://www.courtesychevrolet.com/homepage.jsp?store=sanjose
This car is extra special. They'll even throw in several tablespoons of my own drool at no extra cost! ;LOL (Sorry, I don't mean to gross y'all out, but I spent at least 15 minutes giving this car the walk-around last weekend. I can't remember how many times I thought about how my 401K isn't really going to miss the money spent on such a good cause. . . :D)

E

barnetdh said:
Still negotiating... back & forth, etc. etc etc. :w

- Dave

Good luck Dave. I hope they're not trying to just wear you down and make you accept a subpar offer. :w

Wow-- I'm sorry to see this case still unresolved! Good luck Barndeth and yeah, don't let 'em wear you down!

barnetdh said:
I just received a flyer from Stewarts that they are looking for used Corvettes for resale. If my vehicle passes their inspection, I could trade it in for a 2004, with almost no out-of-pocket, and payments I can afford. I might even qualify for a $5,000 customer loyalty rebate. This special event, only for special customers, starts today, through Sunday.

I think it would be a perfet weekend for a special rally.:L

-Dave
Hi Dave -

I am very disappointed to see this still lingering on for you.

I too suffered a "diminished value" incident, brand new (6 month old) Lumina LTZ - a$$-ended by a 16 year old girl (waving to her friends at a gas station...:eyerole ) while the wife was stopped waiting to turn left. Luckily Maggie was not seriously injured, just bruised up. The 16 year old was going about 50 when she planted her tempo in the trunk of our new LTZ...

I went round and round with the insurance co. Their position was that they would repair the car to the same condition that it was before the accident.

My position was that the car was now one that had been cut in half and re-built in the back room of a dealership autobody.

Long story short - I still have the LTZ after 7 years - it is still a great car, just a great car that had been put together like frankenstiens monster...I feel I have outlived the diminished value notion with the car now. BTW - Carfax still shows it as a clean car...Caveat emptor :L

I guess what I am trying to convey is that although your car will no longer be a collectible, if you do get "stuck" keeping this car, drive the crap out of it forever. The only way to really recoup your loss is to just use the doggone thing up.

It is very disheartening to see a bunch of gold-watch-wearing brylcreem-soaked lot-lizards treat you this way.

You know what I think would be the funniest thing of all - get as many folks as you can to have a few beers, then go to the dealership and get serious about a high end vehicle - get 'em all worked up, then, at the last minute,just before you sign on the dotted line, stand up and produce one of the "TBV" flyers and say " UH-UH :( - I just remembered this...":upthumbs . I know- not likely or feasable (nor condoned by CAC), but a funny image nonetheless.

best regards -

mqqn

mqqn said:
I guess what I am trying to convey is that although your car will no longer be a collectible, if you do get "stuck" keeping this car, drive the crap out of it forever. The only way to really recoup your loss is to just use the doggone thing up.

Good approach and advice.

mqqn said:
gold-watch-wearing brylcreem-soaked lot-lizards treat you this way.

;LOL ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Tom

FX GS said:
[QUOTE.............. brylcreem...............QUOTE]

Do they still make this stuff? A little dab will do ya!
Hi FX -

Yes, now I think this is categorized as "mousse" or hair gel...years ago it was "pomade"...http://www.combe.com/productbrylcreemonly.shtml

This predates the notion of "metro-sexual", so I guess it's not necessarily "girly-man" stuff...;LOL

productsbackground_b.jpg

"When you want to look your best, grab a fist-full of animal lard and rub it in your hair - It'll make a looker out of 'ya!"
Now avaiable in new Atkins Friendly Formula.

sorry - I was on a roll....lol

When I think of the rare "shady car salesman" - I instantly think gold watch, open shirt with gold medallion resting on "disco-fur" chest - moustache and liberal amounts of pomade. THis is how I envision "Frank", villian of the saga ongoing here - not fair to him of course, but this is my story...:cool

best regards -

mqqn

Negotiating?????

Have you come to an agreement????? I hope so!!!!!!!!!!

barnetdh said:
Still negotiating... back & forth, etc. etc etc. :w

- Dave

Remember that car salesman from True Lies? That was nice Vette' that they test drove! :D

Hi Spanish -

I loved the movie Used Cars - classic - "we're blowing the s**t out of high prices" lol

best regards

mqqn

Barndeth, keep us posted!

I hope you get what you deserve...

Final Offer

Stewart's final offer is $18,000. Terry said they told him the car is in better shape now than when I brought it in. I spoke to my attorney last night -- we're going to court.

-Dave

barnetdh said:
the car is in better shape now than when I brought it in.

Sorry it had to come to this Dave. I hope your attorney is really aggressive and that it gets settled quickly.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom