Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer dropped my C5 off lift -- need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
cruzer82 said:
Dave,

I felt the same way when I saw mine even though it's a 99, I love the Navy Blue Pearl and oak interior. I love a great ending to a sad story. I was kind of looking forward to driving up to the dealer......
:upthumbs :beer :cool :w
Cruzer -- sometimes you see a car, and you just have to have it. :_rock

Dave

SPANISHVETTS said:
Rob,

:BOWPlease, please, pretty please change barnetdh´s screen name to thebluevette

It is just so right... it need’s to be. :bar
Yeah!

- Dave

Congrats Dave and Demery.I'm so glad it worked out.I don't know the details but whatever they were,they got you driving the best looking Vette(I'm partial to blue C5's).....that color combo is sweeeet !!!!!!!

The BlueVette!!!!!!!!

I created a monster!!!!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA :L

barnetdh said:
TBV is on vacation, and has a lousy Internet connection, so he can't be his usual post-until-you-drop self.

In the mean time, I think I'll change my screen name to
thebluevette
;LOL ;LOL

Yes, break it in gently!

Yes!

There are instructions in the owners manual! I followed them exactly as stated and I think it is a good idea to do so! I don't remember what exactly it said but the manual talks about it!

I assume this is an automatic you got, so it may be different from the Z06. But, I would see if you can find it in the manual first. I assume it would be similar to mine. Let us know!

And congratulations again!!!!!!!!!!

Where will you be having you oil changed? Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!!!! But that time will come!!!!!! :D

barnetdh said:
Anyone have advice in how to break in a new vette?

- Dave

I am thinking about learning to do it myself! I hear it is easy!

Yeah, maybe we can take a class together!!!!!!

:D

Hahahahahahaha!

theblackvette said:
Yeah, maybe we can take a class together!!!!!!

:D
That would be awesome! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Where's my spy-cam????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

TheBlueVette
Don't show up unless you're going to have fun!

Beautiful Car!!

Dave,

What a great looking car! You guys have very good taste, I love that color. :D I''m so happy to see the two of you in a new convertible, perfect for driving in the California sun. :cool Maybe in a couple of weeks I can drive up and check it out and we can enjoy some fun in the sun with our tops down!

Be talking with ya :w

Kevin

I think we need to have a victory (I hope it was a victory), get-to-gether to welcome home the new vette.:beer

All the Dave and Demery From DownUnder

Dear Dave and Demery,

It's Fantastic to see you back in a Corvette. We are all so happy with your positive outcome. You showed courage, determination and resolve to see this matter through to the end.

Our very best wishes from DownUnder.

:_rock

Savette

cruzer82 said:
I think we need to have a victory (I hope it was a victory), get-to-gether to welcome home the new vette.:beer
Yes -- my new vette is lonesome, ever since it left all it's brothers and sister at the dealership. :D

Shewter said:
Dave,

What a great looking car! You guys have very good taste, I love that color. :D I''m so happy to see the two of you in a new convertible, perfect for driving in the California sun. :cool Maybe in a couple of weeks I can drive up and check it out and we can enjoy some fun in the sun with our tops down!

Be talking with ya :w

Kevin
That is an Excellent idea, kevin! The weather is so nice here on the NCAL coast. We might have to take a run to Big Sur or the Wine Country!

Dave

Just wanted to congratulate you on the long-overdue resolution of this debacle. I've been watching since this thread was around 32 pages long, and checked back every week or so, and was disappointed each time until tonight. That's a beautiful car, and you guys deserve it after the ride that dealership tried to take you on.

I was linked here from http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php - The W-Body Forums. This forum looks to be just about as good as W-Body is :D
joke.gif

BlackVette and now BlueVette, that's funny as hell.
lol.gif

Congrats again,

John

TheBlueVette is born

SPANISHVETTS said:
Rob,

:BOWPlease, please, pretty please change barnetdh´s screen name to thebluevette

It is just so right... it need’s to be. :bar
Thanks, Rob!

When I first came on this forum and registered, I didn't give much thought to my screen name, so I just used one of my email IDs. I had no idea that CAC would become a way of life.:D

Now that this period of my life has concluded, it is only fitting that I change my screen name to something more meaningful. Goodbye barnetdh, hello TheBlueVette! :upthumbs

- Dave

GP1138 said:
Just wanted to congratulate you on the long-overdue resolution of this debacle. I've been watching since this thread was around 32 pages long, and checked back every week or so, and was disappointed each time until tonight. That's a beautiful car, and you guys deserve it after the ride that dealership tried to take you on.

I was linked here from http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php - The W-Body Forums. This forum looks to be just about as good as W-Body is :D
joke.gif

BlackVette and now BlueVette, that's funny as hell.
lol.gif

Congrats again,

John
Thanks, John!

This is a great forum. Glad you could join us!:D

- Dave

Dave,

Congratulations on the new ride. You will have to keep us posted if you see your old Vette advertised for sale. (I'm assuming they kept the car as part of the settlement that you reached). It will be interesting to see how much they try and sell it for.

Hmm. What's the name of this place that fixed your car again Dave? I'm in need of some professional car dropping.

Richard.

hey dave congrats on the new car, I wish I could get one of those. seriously though when it comes time for an oil change though, take it to an instant oil change place, the kind where the car never leaves the ground. again congrats and enjoy :)

wpg240 said:
Dave,

Congratulations on the new ride. You will have to keep us posted if you see your old Vette advertised for sale. (I'm assuming they kept the car as part of the settlement that you reached). It will be interesting to see how much they try and sell it for.
Thanks wpg240. :D Keep your eye open for VIN 1G1YY22G9V5107245

Dave

C5Richard said:
Hmm. What's the name of this place that fixed your car again Dave? I'm in need of some professional car dropping.

Richard.
As theblackvette would say:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA;LOL
-
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom