Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dyno guess game for fun

ras

Corvette
1995 torch red coupe
Ok guys and gals i am not looking for a debate on what are the best mods for an LT1. I just thought a few of you might want to take a guess at what my rear wheel dyno results will be on 5-17-13 at TPIS in Chaska MN. Here is a list of upgrades i have performed and my vets info.
1995 lt1 (300 hp stock) 6 speed coupe with 68000 miles.
.039 head gaskets
52 mm bored stock throttle body with air foil.
stock injectors
cut open air cleaner lid and added new k&n filter
stock intake ported
stock heads with home port & polish, valve job and milled .006 to clean up.
obx long tube sst headers with 1.7" primary tubes and 2.5" collectors
replaced all cats with 2.5" sst pipe, installed x pipe and still running stock mufflers (sounds great and no drone):happyanim:
new optispark (delphi), plugs (ac delco 41-906) and wires (taylor 8.5mm)
bypassed throttle body coolant
comp cams 1.52 ratio magnum rockers and pushrods
new antenna mast (will turn radio off for dyno run):chuckle
and of course a custom tune by TPIS on dyno day.
This was just a basic head gasket job with a little "well since i have it apart". Currently running good but i am sure the tune will help alot.
Take a guess at max hp and torque and i will post the results.

I will go out on a limb, At rear wheels; 308 h.p. corrected pre-tune, 332 post tune :upthumbs Similar to what my LT4 showed (316 pre - 344 post) after some minor mods and tune. You have better flow heads & headers so it should be close to what I got. VERY interested to see the results!!

Last edited:
280hp-300ft lbs

What does the closest guess win ?

Playing for pride, not prize!

312 hp & 321 ft/lb

-Mac

Your 300HP is probably BHP. Since we're going Dyno, that probably equates to about 255RWH....so, from the dyno, I guess at 290RWHP.

Brain freeze

Well i brought my vet to dyno shop today and after 5 pulls we were getting some nice positive results and on the final reprogram my vets brain decided to crash and die :CRASH. The local dealership cant get a new one until Wednesday so it looks like the game has been extended to 5-22-13.

Well i brought my vet to dyno shop today and after 5 pulls we were getting some nice positive results and on the final reprogram my vets brain decided to crash and die :CRASH. The local dealership cant get a new one until Wednesday so it looks like the game has been extended to 5-22-13.

Bummer...actually, worse yet, an expensive bummer.
:(

Typically, when the ECM gets "fried" during a reprogram, it's the calibration "engineer" or his/her hardware who screwed up or the car has a problem with wires, connections or system voltage.

Before your next "tuning" session, it might be a good idea to get a handle on why the controller got fried so you or your cal guy don't repeat the mistake.

What were the last numbers

before the "cook"...

Results

Ok guys and gals i am not looking for a debate on what are the best mods for an LT1. I just thought a few of you might want to take a guess at what my rear wheel dyno results will be on 5-17-13 at TPIS in Chaska MN. Here is a list of upgrades i have performed and my vets info.
1995 lt1 (300 hp stock) 6 speed coupe with 68000 miles.
.039 head gaskets
52 mm bored stock throttle body with air foil.
stock injectors
cut open air cleaner lid and added new k&n filter
stock intake ported
stock heads with home port & polish, valve job and milled .006 to clean up.
obx long tube sst headers with 1.7" primary tubes and 2.5" collectors
replaced all cats with 2.5" sst pipe, installed x pipe and still running stock mufflers (sounds great and no drone):happyanim:
new optispark (delphi), plugs (ac delco 41-906) and wires (taylor 8.5mm)
bypassed throttle body coolant
comp cams 1.52 ratio magnum rockers and pushrods
new antenna mast (will turn radio off for dyno run):chuckle
and of course a custom tune by TPIS on dyno day.
This was just a basic head gasket job with a little "well since i have it apart". Currently running good but i am sure the tune will help alot.
Take a guess at max hp and torque and i will post the results.

Well i picked up my vet today from the tuners with its new ECM and am pleased with the service i got from TPIS.They made this ECM meltdown as painless as possible by completely handling the problem and picking up the bill for the new ECM. I am also pleased with the numbers they got me.

pretune rear wheel max hp 272.8@5800rpm max torque 290.4@4000rpm
post tune rear wheel max hp 313.3@5800rpm max torque 311.5@3900rpm

I think Mac was closest~

Ftw.....

Well i picked up my vet today from the tuners with its new ECM and am pleased with the service i got from TPIS.They made this ECM meltdown as painless as possible by completely handling the problem and picking up the bill for the new ECM. I am also pleased with the numbers they got me.

Wow. TPIS...good guys, for sure!

Are those dyno numbers std.- or SAE-corrected?

313 at the wheels for a C4 manual is about 380 at the flywheel. If the rwhp number is std. corrected, that's really good. If the rwhp is SAE-corrected, that's freakin' incredible.

Wow. TPIS...good guys, for sure!

Are those dyno numbers std.- or SAE-corrected?

313 at the wheels for a C4 manual is about 380 at the flywheel. If the rwhp number is std. corrected, that's really good. If the rwhp is SAE-corrected, that's freakin' incredible.

313 hp at the wheels is STD corrected. And yea TPIS knows how to treat thier customers and i will be going back there for future projects. The day the ECM fried they bought me lunch, drove me home (1.75 hr. drive one way),gave me a hat and offered to deliver the car when it was done. I was able to pick it up myself without missing work so i did and they gave me gas money and bought a couple of my stock parts for a fair price. I was also happy with thier $300 price for the 5 dyno pulls and a tune that got me a 40.5 HP gain.:thumb

Dyno

Looks like very good results from tune. Dump the air foil in the throttle body it is gord nothing but take some money out of your pocket, trade it for a six pack of your favorite beverage and rock on.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom