Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM - Here is what we think of the License Plate Mount

Here is what we think of the C6 LP mount:

• It is hideous and can not be allowed to be placed into production

Votes: 311 62.2%
  • I like it. It blends with the aerodynamic flow of the C6

Votes: 16 3.2%
  • Who at GM was drunk when he approved this thing?

Votes: 166 33.2%
  • I love Vipers and / or Mustangs so I hope this LP mount makes it into production

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C4 License Plate

Yes...stock C-4 front bumper.

@ Plate Or Not 2 Plate

Not as far as I know.

However, having lived in several states, and unfortunately, having been stopped in all of them : ( : ( : (, I will tell you that most county mounties have only mentioned the plate issue to me in passing.

Live It!

Spence
X

GSR Lifetime; Re-Owner GS697

I was tossed between another c4 (96 lt4) or a new 08.I went new because the 96 got sold before I got there!I loved my c4's!!!I love the GRAND SPORT TOO!

Hardnoks:

If you don't mind, can you tell me about your buying experience with the '08? I have purchased two 'Vettes in CLE, and the salesmen who sold to me are no longer selling 'Vettes. : ( : ( : (

I have been kicked out of two Chevy dealerships in my life, but, the two 'Vettes I bought were acquired at prices others thought were impossible.

Thanks.

Live It!

Spence
X

well,it's alot smoother than even it's 05 brethren!!The revamped tranny and motor shift alot easier and the power is right there all the time in my z51 mn6. It's lines remind me of my c4's!!!It's my favorite 'Vette.I didn't much care for the c5 I had.To big and never quite fit me right!I'd say the c6 I have is my c4 very very refined and way more powerful!!:beer

C6 Buying Experience

Hardnoks:

Cool.

Actually, I am more interested in the Dealer aspects of your purchase. Whom did you buy from, would you recommend them, etc.?

Thanks.

Spence
X

Oh.I bought it from McMAULKIN IN New Hampshire.(They actually have a new ZR1 upstairs stashed!!) Yes,very easy to deal with and all of it was done by mail and phone.I just went and picked it up.I dealt w/TOMMY JR. the owner.Right now they actually have better deals then when I bought mine!!!

I looked at this photo for a good five minutes to see what time would do for my perception! This is so ugly that viewed in even total darkness couldn't help this sick thing. What the heck was someone/anyone thinking when this came across the table?:puke

I think most people would just leave the front license plate on the floor and just take the tickets as a price of driving the best corvette in the world!

Wow! This thread got me thinking. What's the longest running thread to appear on the cac?

I have posted this poll on two other sites. You may be interested to know that there are 264 votes objecting to this mount and 5 in favor. 5?! Taste is subjective I guess. Another post maintains that Hill has read the forums and will have the plate mounted in the grill on the right. I have no idea how reliable that post is.

These were also posted:

plategx.jpg

my_c-6.jpg

Hvaen't read thru all of the posts on this...so if this is a dupe forgive me... But in that mount posisition shown... your blocking the oil cooler..it's right benind the palte.

Front Plate

For what its worth. When I drive at highway speeds at night my stock 2004 Corvette with its headlights on and in the up position my average mile per gallon goes down 2 to 2 1/2 . Looking at what the engineers
have to work with that front plate has to loose 1/2 to 1 mile per gallon.
Since some states have no front plate law I thing all states should have
this law. Since all autos are trying to get more mpg I think its time to get
rid of this law and save the states the cost of making that extra plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom