Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: How many Z07 owners do we have here?

91 Z07/A4 here.

Would you like to list the other info I am putting in the database?.

Trans: A4
VIN:
Build date:
Exterior:
Interior:
State:

1995 ZO7 Coupe, Dark Red Metallic, beige interior, A4

Up dated info,

Trans. A4

Vin. 1G1YY22P2S511XXXX

Build date 4/95

Ext. Dark Red Metallic 75U

Int. Light Beige Leather 643

Country USA

State Calif.

Thanks folks

Custom Z07 badges specific to our group registered Z07s?

I've seen the run of the mill offerings from Corvette Central and similar and I'm not happy with them. The Z07 is a special Corvette which existed initially from 1973 to 1975 and again from 1991 to 1995. I think that we should get together and design a custom rear bumper emblem and maybe dash badge for our cars to set our Vettes apart from the non-Z07 offerings.

Anyway, wanting something better than what is out there, I found this link:

Custom Car Emblems from third_shift|studios

I'd like to see something along the lines of the 1990 ZR1 badge but instead of "ZR1" with a bowtie emblem, it would read "Z07" with a bowtie emblem and probably no period. I never really understood the period thing ... it seems odd and out of place, kind of a fourth gen F-body thing ("WS.6") when the previous two generations were simply "WS6", and I have yet to see an emblem that says "Z2.8" on it. The period reminds me of software versions and revision numbers, not RPO codes. Here's a link to the original ZR1 emblem that graced the bumper of the LT5 equipped KOTH Vettes:

http://www.cartype.com/pics/1644/full/zr1.jpg

I'm sure that TSS could produce a "Z07" variant of these for us in a variety of colors (or perhaps just one standard color scheme that would look good on any of our cars). They would be bigger and more noticeable than the tired old "Z07/bowtie/5.7 (or) L98" aftermarket emblems and should really turn heads.

It's a thought but if we're all registering our Z07s as a group then it might be nice to have a registry specific badge not only to set our cars apart from the non-Z07s but also to identify which other Vettes are Z07s and part of the registry. I would say that the badges be purchased through this website and only available to members who have verified their Z07 with this registry. Again, life is too short to drive mediocre cars and a Z07 is anything but mediocre. Shouldn't we let the world know what it is that we drive because, after all, there were only 3935 C4 Z07's made. Ever. I think it is time that we had a say in designing a badge to set our rather unique and rare Corvettes apart.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread but thought it might be worth asking, in regard to the subject of this thread. If people are interested, I'll contact this guy and see if he can draw up a prototype badge as well as give us some prices, color choices, etc.

Let me know.

*EDIT* - In order to keep from derailing this thread, if you ARE interested in getting a group batch / price on someone building us a professional quality, custom Z07 emblem / possible dash plaque then email me and I'll keep track of the desire for this Z07 badge / plaque that way with a mailing list or possibly a web page to keep people up to date on the decisions, progress, price, etc.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread content.

count me as a buyer if priced without the corvette tax$$$ i dont like the "Z07/bowtie/5.7 (or) L98" something in black/silver with red must be nice and fit all body color
fastred87vette-albums-1992-z07-lt1-black-rose-metallic-picture1985-dscn1434.jpg

I had always thought about starting something like this. Great work! I kinda wish we could identify numbers produced by GM by color as well. Would be cool. Would be nice to also share build sheets by code?? I am in for a t-shirt, distinctive identification badge, and an emblem. What about organizing an event somewhere??

Mileage - 47,253

Trans: MN6

VIN: 1G1YY22P4S5117712

Build date: 06/95

Exterior: 75U - PRIMARY COLOR, EXTERIOR BRILLIANT RED MET (91)

Interior: 19I - INTERIOR TRIM, BLACK (I) (91) / 193 - TRIM COMBINATION, LEATHER, BLACK (3) (91)

State: NY (Military, so I move around. Second owner, prior owner also military, car moving a few times back and forth from Hawaii. Registered in Washington State, but live in NY stationed at Fort Drum and keep going back to Iraq, so low miles still on it.)

Thanks for the opportunity to participate, my name is Ken.

If someone would like to take over the database, I'd be happy to send it to them. It's an Excel spreadsheet.

Tom,

I would love to give it a try, but I am deploying back to Iraq again very soon and might lose the ability to connect to the internet. Is there any way I could get a copy of the excel sheet though? I find the Z07 fascinating. I thought there was to be a 2009 Z07?

Toms01

Send me a PM and lets talk. I may be able to help..

tcxd40 (Rich) has graciously accepted the database that I had accumulated on these cars and will be the "go to" guy to expand the database. Beings I have traded my Z07 in for a C5 I just don't have the interest that I did before.

I think in the years to come that these cars will be some of the more collectible C4's. They were made in very limited production and were really (other than the ZR1s, GS, Calloways, and pace cars) the only "performance optioned" cars in the C4 era.

I know that statement will rile up some people and I guess it is highly debatable. Rich, thank you for taking the database over.

1994 Yellow Exterior/Red interior

I Have one of those ZO7's, I wonder if any of you have seen a Yellow Vett, with Red & Black interior?
Eddie Tee:)

To all,

I have the data base created by Toms01.

I have added the newest cars to the list. If in the past you have let Tom know that you own a Z07 and would like to included information that Tom requested, please send me a PM and I'll post it into the data base. As of today we have 368 out of 3935 produced for the 1991 thru 1995.
tcxd40

I see you have not had a post for awhile but I have a 91 ZO7 A4 also. As far as the rest of the details I would have to uncover the car and get the info but I do know the RPO has ZO7 on it. The 733 number I have confirmed in the past but I wonder how many are left?

Welcome aboard Walter, you have one truly rare car.....supposedly no Z07 cars in 91 were produced with the A4. Although there are several documented examples (less than 10 that I know of). :thumb

c4 z07

Are you still tracking these in your database? If so, please add my 94 polo green m6 s/n 1G1YY22P2R511417

Are you still tracking these in your database? If so, please add my 94 polo green m6 s/n 1G1YY22P2R511417

Hello,

Data base still active and well. I have added three or four since taking it over. Will certainly add yours too.

Can you tell me the interior color?

tcxd40

Hello,

Data base still active and well. I have added three or four since taking it over. Will certainly add yours too.

Can you tell me the interior color?

tcxd40

Sure, the interior is ligjt tan

Thanks for adding me. Since these are fairly rare, I would like to hear from other Z07 owners on how they insure theirs--conventional insurance or specialty like Hagerty, NCM,etc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom