Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Interesting interior 2003-4 Z06

DukeOfEarl

Corvette
2003 Corvette Z06
While going through another site, I found 2003 and 2004 Corvette Z06.
there were only 701 interiors with the torch red and black interior.
Can some one verify this.
Also I know Z06 2003 had the Zl6 engine but mine was swapped for a new 383 stroker with
FORGED 383 STOKER with a forged Lunati crank, forged Lunati H-beam rods, forged wiseco -3 pistons then have it balanced & blue printed to back up his claim, other power adders include a Power Bond 25% under driven harmonic balancer, cloyes billet true roller timing chain, spinning a custom grind COMP camshaft, pushing LS7 lifters, to open MANLEY Stainless steel valves ( to fix the FATAL FLAW), ARP bolts holding down the 243 Cathedral port heads, keep the valves closed are Precision Race Springs, breathing through a VARAM cold air intake, out of a set of TEXAS –SPEED long tube Stainless steel headers & catted x-pipe through the factory Titanium Exhaust just to screw with people, they flow great & are lighter than ANY aftermarket exhaust. All these parts come together & work in perfect harmony with a FASTERPROMS tune by Jeremy Formato to lay down 450 REAR WHEEL HP!!
So my next question is did that ruin the value of the vette with the engine swap?

I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you're happy that's all that really matters. When you go to sell, you will just need to find the right buyer who is looking for a modded Z06.

Thank you

I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you're happy that's all that really matters. When you go to sell, you will just need to find the right buyer who is looking for a modded Z06.

Toms1 thnks for the fast reply.
It was interesting to know that not to many of the red and black interiors were a big hit.
Any reason you can think of?
Or could that be added value?

Personally, I love the red-black interiors. I do believe they tend to bring a little more money, but again, you have to find the right buyer, not everyone likes them. Me? I love the torch red interior that I had in my 94. When I started looking for a C5 I wanted one with a torch red interior, only found a few and that was after I'd fallen for my Mag Red/light oak 01.

thanks Toms1

Personally, I love the red-black interiors. I do believe they tend to bring a little more money, but again, you have to find the right buyer, not everyone likes them. Me? I love the torch red interior that I had in my 94. When I started looking for a C5 I wanted one with a torch red interior, only found a few and that was after I'd fallen for my Mag Red/light oak 01.

I know they put the LS7 lifters in it but what year did they come out with the LS7?

:w

The LS7 is the 7.0 liter, 505hp engine they built for the C6 Z06, so that would have been summer 2005. We had one of the prototypes at CruiseFest 2005 in Bowling Green. 6shooter had connections and was able to bring it in for us.

The LS7 is the 7.0 liter, 505hp engine they built for the C6 Z06, so that would have been summer 2005. We had one of the prototypes at CruiseFest 2005 in Bowling Green. 6shooter had connections and was able to bring it in for us.

Toms1 your opinions are highly valued. After yiu read what they did to my vete any thoughts?
As always nice seeing you early in the morning.:beer

Well, my opinion is just that, my opinion, so take it for what it's worth (not much ;LOL) . It sounds like you might have quite the monster there. Not sure how old you are, but back in the late 60's and early 70's, if you had a car with the kind of power our cars produce today, they weren't very streetable. A buddy of mine had a 70 Chevelle SS454/450 hp LS7 (the original LS7), that car produced tremendous power, I've got pictures of this heavyweight with the front wheels off the ground. The only thing we had done to this one was a set of headers. It was NOT very streetable. The current LS7 is so streetable, it's hard to believe that it is 505 hp. Today's power makes things easy to drive on the streets. I'd like to take yours for a spin and feel the difference between your car and my (basically stock) 01.

OH, and about once a week we had the valve covers off adjusting those solid lifters. :crazy

Toms1 thnks for the fast reply.
It was interesting to know that not to many of the red and black interiors were a big hit.
Any reason you can think of?
Or could that be added value?

It would be an asset to me if a car had the black and red interior.......I love them. A Cyber Gray car with the Black and red interior or a black car with the black and red interior would be real nice. Even my Blade Silver would look good with it..... Any LS engine is an amazing engine, I love my LS3........

Well, my opinion is just that, my opinion, so take it for what it's worth (not much ;LOL) . It sounds like you might have quite the monster there. Not sure how old you are, but back in the late 60's and early 70's, if you had a car with the kind of power our cars produce today, they weren't very streetable. A buddy of mine had a 70 Chevelle SS454/450 hp LS7 (the original LS7), that car produced tremendous power, I've got pictures of this heavyweight with the front wheels off the ground. The only thing we had done to this one was a set of headers. It was NOT very streetable. The current LS7 is so streetable, it's hard to believe that it is 505 hp. Today's power makes things easy to drive on the streets. I'd like to take yours for a spin and feel the difference between your car and my (basically stock) 01.

Toms1 well I am a 65 year old reccyled teenager. I have the proof. I have a a man cave full of Corvette diecasts
trains neon lights neon guitars and anything to do with corvettes.
Matter of fact I know I will have a corvette Christmas to boot.
Yes I have the lead foot but carefull.
A funny story. @ teens in a mustnag said ol man wanna race? I said shure to the next light and I will give you 10 car lenghts. I gave it to them and still beat them going 30MPH.
Opps I forgot to tell them a cop was sitting right behind them. Me Bad:w

Toms1 well I am a 65 year old reccyled teenager. I have the proof. I have a a man cave full of Corvette diecasts
trains neon lights neon guitars and anything to do with corvettes.
Matter of fact I know I will have a corvette Christmas to boot.
Yes I have the lead foot but carefull.
A funny story. @ teens in a mustnag said ol man wanna race? I said shure to the next light and I will give you 10 car lenghts. I gave it to them and still beat them going 30MPH.
Opps I forgot to tell them a cop was sitting right behind them. Me Bad:w

;LOL That's funny!

While going through another site, I found 2003 and 2004 Corvette Z06.
there were only 701 interiors with the torch red and black interior.
Can some one verify this.
Also I know Z06 2003 had the Zl6 engine but mine was swapped for a new 383 stroker with
(snip)

All '03 and '04 Z06es had either black interiors or red and black interiors so a red Z06 with black interior is all that rare. Also, there is no such thing as a "Z16" engine. RPO Z16 was the LeMans Commorative option on a 2004 Z06. The original engine in your car was an LS6.

So my next question is did that ruin the value of the vette with the engine swap?

Yes.

I agrree

It would be an asset to me if a car had the black and red interior.......I love them. A Cyber Gray car with the Black and red interior or a black car with the black and red interior would be real nice. Even my Blade Silver would look good with it..... Any LS engine is an amazing engine, I love my LS3........

Huskerman I do agree 100% I juts cant believe only 700 something with the red and black:w:w

Huskerman I do agree 100% I juts cant believe only 700 something with the red and black:w:w

Oh–I'm not disputing the number. I'm just saying that since all C5 Z06es had either black or black/red interiors, a red Z06 with a black interior is not rare. It's commonplace.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom