Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Its not an ultimate garage....yet !

Thanks for the earlier answers, Scott. A few more please.

- how much grade change across the building? 1-foot? 2-feet?

- any drainage issues, and if so, what will you do?

- with my limited construction experience (built a 20' x 20' garage from the foundation up), I was only aware of two approaches. a) The engineered slab approach, or b) below-frostline footings and concrete formed or block wall followed by a poured floor. Is your design a modification of the two or something else?

:)

The footer/wall would be (b)

The drainage was a trick, I went from grade level at one end to an almost 8 ft wall at the other. We created a berm behind the garage on the north side to turn the water as it came down the hill behind it and takes it around the trees some 30 feet past the west side . Then the water takes its natural route that it always has to my neighbors property :L, couldn't deprive him of that. It took 15 tandem loads of dirt to achieve this and a little time on a skid steer. I will still have to add more dirt as it settles this winter and some topsoil to make a yard again. For now I have put down rye and fescue grass to hold it until spring. The front wall on the south west side was a 6 ft poured wall on a 2 ft deep footer making it right at 8 ft as well. I have put 3 tandem loads of CA6 gravel in there and packed it as best as I can for now. I see it taking another 10 loads or so of gravel to get the drive where I want it.

:w Thanks ! I miss seeing you guyz !!!!

Me too! It was a bummer not being able to attend CF this year. And now I'm missing the Fall Dragon Run this week. Too much work and no play! :mad

:w

Lookin' good Son...!!! That will be a nice space when you get it finished.

Lookin' good Son...!!! That will be a nice space when you get it finished.

Thank you sir!

I just delivered my trailer to be sold, if things work out I will have my box trailer I have been wanting real soon.

I have got to get organized ! ;help :L

I got grass seed down today, is this still considered building the garage. It sure costs like it is ! Here are the latest photos

Garage1014.jpg

This is great, Scott. I'm just going to watch your progress and follow along with mine accordingly. :D

OMG Bob, don't follow me :eek:hnoes ;help I have a lot of :bash going on. I only take the pic.s after I get it figured out :L

Good luck on your's !!! You probably will have yours finished before mine. :beer

Bob had a wonderful idea. Here are the drawings of what it should look like when finished.

Pic.s Lost, Sorry!

How about a mini garage within a garage?
My trailer finally came in, its a 2008 24 ft Wells Cargo.
Notice I put it right in the garage.:L

2008CorvetteHauler001.jpg

OK, I hate this waiting and looking out at a slab that wants to be a finished garage!
Bob , they say this weather is coming from canada, can you come get it please?

The hammers start swinging tomorrow !!! :D Or the nail guns popping :L

They delivered the materials today and the guys say weather permitting they will be out of here in 1 week and I will have my building.:upthumbs Its going to be around 5 degrees F tomorrow morning and in the 60s by the weekend, weird weather! ;shrug Pic.s to come probably tomorrow!

Yep, you guessed it, they didn't show. Its 9 am here today and they aren't here yet again today.. The thing that bites is they called both days before and said we will be there tomorrow morning. Figures....

Yep, you guessed it, they didn't show. Its 9 am here today and they aren't here yet again today.. The thing that bites is they called both days before and said we will be there tomorrow morning. Figures....
:bash Hey CJ the way to fix them is to tell em the checks in the mail for about a month. They get a little nervous when they don't get paid for a while.....:chuckle Scott

:bash Hey CJ the way to fix them is to tell em the checks in the mail for about a month. They get a little nervous when they don't get paid for a while.....:chuckle Scott

Thats a good one Scott, They actually showed for about 1/2 a day Friday and promise to have it complete in a week. Yeah Right !
They did nothing picture worthy Friday, so if they show up Monday I should be able to snap some pics Monday evening.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom