Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Its not an ultimate garage....yet !

Very nice, I would like to do the same, I plan on 3 or 4 courses of block off the pad, reduces water issues........then start wood for walls.....

That's progress, Scott. You've got two more walls up than I do. :D

Did they side it on the ground, or side it after raising the framed wall? And a window's already in place. :beer

What is the siding material? Looks like plywood from here.

That's progress, Scott. You've got two more walls up than I do. :D

Did they side it on the ground, or side it after raising the framed wall? And a window's already in place. :beer

What is the siding material? Looks like plywood from here.

They got one more wall up this evening, truss comes tomorrow.
They did side it on the ground. The exterior is cedar @ $65 a sheet :eek:hnoes
It will be board and batton , like the house. I get to stain that sucker... They still maintain it will be finished by Friday evening, but I also heard one say that the garage door people would not be here until the 14th. ;shrug

They did side it on the ground. The exterior is cedar @ $65 a sheet :eek:hnoes It will be board and batton , like the house.

Scott,

Are those 4'x8' sheets? $2.00/sq.ft.? :W

Mind you, I am planning on using vinyl siding. Your way may look better and not cost more......maybe less. ;shrug I haven't figured that far ahead yet.

Scott,

Are those 4'x8' sheets? $2.00/sq.ft.? :W

Mind you, I am planning on using vinyl siding. Your way may look better and not cost more......maybe less. ;shrug I haven't figured that far ahead yet.
Yes , 4X8 sheets. That was as cheap as we could find it. You can buy the "grooved" cedar thats cheaper here, but I had to match the house with the smooth and battons.

Today is a total wash out but here is the progress before the monsoon last night. We got 2 1/2 inches of rain overnight and its still raining.
It should be clear tomorrow.

223.jpg

Let the truss begin! :D We got rained out again but we most of the truss set. More pic.s in the album.

Garage01211.jpg

Great progress, Scott.

Although I will miss the extra attic space that a gable roof would provide, like you, I'm going with a hip (cottage) roof to match the house.

You are waaaaay ahead of me now. :beer

Great progress, Scott.

Although I will miss the extra attic space that a gable roof would provide, like you, I'm going with a hip (cottage) roof to match the house.

You are waaaaay ahead of me now. :beer

Its awesome to watch one go up, no matter whos it is isn't it..

We had a great window in the weather , a bit rainy but warm.. They are going to miss their Friday date for completion but I knew that would happen. We will finish trusses tomorrow and finish the front wall . The garage doors are supposed to be installed Monday, I don't know if the contractor as rescheduled them or not.
The want to start roofing Monday but I think that might be a strech unless they work Saturday.

Stay Tuned, More pics tomorrow..

We got the back truss finished, I have never seen so may boards criss cross in my life. We also got the front garage door openings framed. The goal Monday is to finish the front truss and start sheeting the roof. Its starting to look like a garage! One guy didn't make it to work Friday, I think his back or legs were bothering him. We did set the 42 ft truss by hand with out a boom truck, don't ask how... OSHA might not approve :L

Garage00511.jpg

Garage00111.jpg

Garage00611.jpg

Looking good! Trusses are a great invention compared to the old method but, like 67Heaven said, no attic storage for you!

-Mac

Looking good! Trusses are a great invention compared to the old method but, like 67Heaven said, no attic storage for you!

-Mac

I can deal with out the storage but I was hoping to put the HVAC up there out of sight. That's not going to happen. Plan B is in full effect on the heat and A/C now, I just wish I knew what Plan B was. I have a few ideas but, its not what I was wanting. Its not like I don't have room for one in the garage, I just had envisioned it in the attic the whole time. ;shrug

I envy you cj5nutz, beautiful garage, I'm hoping there is one (a bigger one in my future), I just have a ?, Our local code says the you must have at least three course's of block off the pad, makes sense, no wet wood after you wash the cars, no termite's, no frost. Drains in the floor also. I know we all have different priorities, but if your talking HVAC in a garage, the cost of going the 3/block route was minimal . Just wondering............

I envy you cj5nutz, beautiful garage, I'm hoping there is one (a bigger one in my future), I just have a ?, Our local code says the you must have at least three course's of block off the pad, makes sense, no wet wood after you wash the cars, no termite's, no frost. Drains in the floor also. I know we all have different priorities, but if your talking HVAC in a garage, the cost of going the 3/block route was minimal . Just wondering............

I just sat here and typed a half page and then the page reset and I lost so... I will make it short this time...

I have a poured 1 ft "wash wall" inside , only 4 " required here.

Drains in a garage are an EPA nightmare, can't do it without spending huge bucks.

The other explanation was much more detailed but I am going to stop typing now before the page reloads again :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom