Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Lifted on lead springs

Av8tr

Corvette
2005 C6
Well I am an idiot. I am painting my calipers. I was jacking up my 2005 and didn't realize I was doing so on my leaf spring(?). I got it high enough to get the wheels off the ground. Went to look for placement of my jack stands and noticed what I had done. Did I do some serious damage or am I ok?

20200912_175426.jpg

Ignore other thread. Had an issue apparently uploading the image. My browser locks up. Mods if you can see this please delete earlier thread with same title.

Last edited:
Although probably not the proper place to lift the spring should be able to support the weight of the car. I can't tell for sure what that mark is but clean it up and make sure it isn't a crack.

I don't know what happened on the first post but I took care of it.

Tom

Thanks Tom. The mark (if you mean the black circle with a cross in the middle) is just a mark from the rubber jack puck. Its brand new so I think some material just came off.

I'll finish the paint job and look for a crack when I can get the wheels back on.

Is that upward bend in the middle of the spring ok? I think it was straight before.

That is how it was, I'm sure. A spring has to have arch.

Tom

Well sure enough there is a crack deep enough to catch my fingernail. Its perfectly straight though. Could this be an artifact of manufacturing? It seems to be perfectly centered on the spring.
20200913_102612.jpg20200913_102615.jpg20200913_102810.jpg20200913_102813.jpg

I don't think that is a crack...appears to be a remnant from manufacturing.

I agree. Looks like a mold line.

Tom

Yeah,It's a mold line. :thumb

Whats with the not letting me like something?:W

Yeah,It's a mold line. :thumb

Whats with the not letting me like something?:W

Yea, it's a software issue Jesse. Rob is still looking at transferring the forum to a new/upgraded software.

Well, Jesse you can like what ever you want to now.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom